Re: FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels
Bwangster12

Yeah, rather than order another audio extractor and tinker, I think I'm going to let this one be... as its mostly working as I wanted.  I left the audio on "Auto" rather than "Passthrough," as I figured that was the default, and I'm not clear what the difference was anyway.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

Yeah, rather than order another audio extractor and tinker, I think I'm going to let this one be... as its mostly working as I wanted.  I left the audio on "Auto" rather than "Passthrough," as I figured that was the default, and I'm not clear what the difference was anyway.

Good question. I know passthrough is supposed to simply send through what ever audio format the source is encoded with, but may not be 100% working right now, a fix in the near future is in the works. Don't know what auto is, but if it works, go with it!

0 Likes
MusicLover1013
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this issue been resolved?  Verizon keeps trying to entice me with the new equipment, but if this audio issue still happens it would be a deal-breaker.

0 Likes
mtk12002
Enthusiast - Level 3

To the best of my knowledge and clem53, and from the most recent communications from Verizon Technical Support, the issue has not been fixed yet and they are working on it. I had the new VMS4100 when I started this thread on March 24, 2019 and after 6 months I downgraded back to the VMS1100 that I had previously and it has worked flawlessly ever since. I hope this answers your question MusicLover1013.

0 Likes
Ttimeib

So okay I also am having the 5.1 HTS PROBLEMS with no help, yeah bought the optical cord ETC, MORE MONEY TO FIOS AND STILL NO HELP,,, YES I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANOTHER SOUND BAR AS I DID FOR MY OTHER TV AND ALSO I AM A VERY SATTISFIED CUSTOMER WITH VERIZON,,, SO FIOS,, PLEASE HELP ME AS WELL AS ALL OTHERS,,, THANKS... 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ttimeib wrote:

So okay I also am having the 5.1 HTS PROBLEMS with no help, yeah bought the optical cord ETC, MORE MONEY TO FIOS AND STILL NO HELP,,, YES I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ANOTHER SOUND BAR AS I DID FOR MY OTHER TV AND ALSO I AM A VERY SATTISFIED CUSTOMER WITH VERIZON,,, SO FIOS,, PLEASE HELP ME AS WELL AS ALL OTHERS,,, THANKS... 

So what exactly is your problem? What equipment do you have? What are you trying to do? What have you tried?

0 Likes
Wayne234

So I just had Fios one installed and noticed this issue right away (all sound coming over as 5.1). Is my only option asking to downgrade my box?  Will that have any other affects? 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Wayne234 wrote:

So I just had Fios one installed and noticed this issue right away (all sound coming over as 5.1). Is my only option asking to downgrade my box?  Will that have any other affects? 

Did yo try the Passthrough option in audio settings? Could help.

0 Likes
Wayne234

@clem53 wrote:

@Wayne234 wrote:

Did yo try the Passthrough option in audio settings? Could help.

Am I missing this option? Menu > Settings > Audio&Video > Audio. I’m not seeing a passthrough option there. 

0 Likes
Wayne234

Found how to change to passthrough but it didn’t make much of a difference. I can deal with it, just happy to be back with Fios after trying the other all in one box. Thanks for the info. 

0 Likes