FiOS TV outage in upstate NY area?
madhupai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else in the upstate-NY area have an outage for FiOS TV? None of the HD channels are working since morning today. Tech support has not been helpful. Extensive wait times (~45 minutes). After such a long wait I get a support person who is not apologetic about the outage, and when I mention to her about the unsually long wait time, she says "if I have any complaints I can send in my complaints through the verizon website." Really frustrated with Verizon support and their service today.

Re: FiOS TV outage in upstate NY area?
BobWerner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with a TS rep who said the outage is spread over three states and that NY has "the worst of it." They can't even guess when service will be restored. I just hope they'll give us a credit on the bill. What about those of us that subscribe to NHL Center Ice? I'm thinking we should get an extra credit for this time also.

madhupai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. I tried the FiOS STB autocorrect solution posted elsewhere. After two tries, it seems to have worked.

Couldn't tech support have provided this simple solution?

Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

The rep I spoke with yesterday (3/25) told me "It will be back up absolutely no later than 8:00am tomorrow morning." It's 9:17 buddy... Oh well. I know it's not the rep's fault he's just telling me what he's been told. He did say that after the service comes back up to call back because they would be crediting people for the outage. So I'd keep that in mind too. It's just great timing that it goes out on a crappy, rainy weekend.

What actually infuriates me about this is: What is the point of the phone number they put up on the screen in the "You are not subscribed to this channel" box?  Whenever you call that number it just sends you to someone who says they cannot help you, and you have to call tech support.  Yesterday, the woman I spoke with told me to call tech support at 877-600-2051 (mind you I waiting almost 35 minutes to get this number). When I called the number, a recording came on and said "Your call cannot be completed from your location..." WTH does that mean? I'm in Buffalo, not Guatemala. Oh well. Calling 800-VERIZON always seems to get through faster than calling the actual numbers you're told to call.

0 Likes
njhess
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my third try following the above procedure recommended by support. I have unplugged, reset, tried everything. How about providing us with information regarding the status of this outage? Otherwise I spend my Sunday fiddling with the t.v. when it is useless because the outage has not yet been resolved on Verizon's end. I am in the 717 area code in PA.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
If that procedure isnt working try it again, but this time reboot your router first. Waitfor the lights to go normal and then do the in home agent auto correct. Even try thequick fix at www.verizon.com/repair
0 Likes
njhess
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you say reboot your router, what do you mean? Is this the FIOS cable cord to box, or the electrical wires to TV box, or are you talking about the main FIOS antenna box?

0 Likes
FiOS TV outage in upstate NY area?
Troubled21

Deplorable customer service!!!!!

My service has now been out for 26 hours with no sign of restoration on the horizon.  After exceptionally long wait times on the phone, I'm then told that I need to call yet another number because New York has their own "special" technical support.  Why wasn't I given that number first?

I was on hold 57 minutes at the NY number (855) 233-8729 before I was finally connected with someone.  He wanted to know why I stayed on hold that long since the first thing a caller to that number was supposed to hear was that there was a Fios TV service outage in three states in the North East (including NY).  There was no such message!  He then told me that there was a software glitch that they were working on.  In the meantime, he was going to reset my set-top boxes remotely because that had worked for some customers.  After 20 minutes on the phone with him and the set-top boxes not resetting, he gave up and said that he would "open a ticket".

I can only watch local stations and the weather channel (49 and lower) as all others come up "Not Subsrcibed".

I would like to add that I then called a relative of mine who works for Verizon in Buffalo and she in turn called a Verizon Fios technician who is currently on duty.  He wasn't aware of any problem and after checking, said that there definitely was no problem with service in the area....... WRONG!!!!!  Of course, their only suggestion was to call back Tech Support again. 

He then suggested that I call Tech Support again.  I have wasted enough time on the phone wih them over the last two days, with each person giving a different line of **bleep**.

I am also exteremly unhappy with the fact that there isn't any easy way to send a message to Verizon about this or any other problem.

It was this type of poor customer service that caused me to leave Time Warner cable.   I guess the next stop is the Dish (after I demad a credit for the days that I didn't receive the service I contracted them for).

0 Likes
KraftyK

I too received a pretty lame response from customer service last night regarding the problem.  At the time we 'could' view all channels on 2 HD TV's in our house but NOT the third regular.  HUH?  When I asked the rep to explain how that could be she seemed annoyed that I was asking questions!!  Now today found all 3 sets are now affected.  Sounds like a lot of people are having the same issue with customer service and I feel bad for all that have spent so much time on hold - but at least now I won't bother to call again.  Hello VERIZON - how about putting up a notice and resolution ETA on the main page too instead of making customers search all over to figure out what's going on?? 

0 Likes
tomeNerd

Terrible customer service.  With all these online tools, why can't they give me status when I login?

Our HD DVR is working; but the HD TiVO with 2 cable cards is not..  Current hold time with Verizon 'support' is 37 minutes.

The only thing saving them for me now is that TW Cable has even worse customer service.  Hard to believe.

0 Likes