Fios TV screen resolution resets
MikeLesz

My Verizon cable box resets to low resolution frequently. Each 2nd or 3rd time I turn it on. I have complained repeatedly. Technical representatives reboot my box, the automated systems reboot my box despite my asking them not to and none of this has ever resolved the complaint. It has been suggested that I replace my HDMI cable and I have done so three times none of this has corrected the issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV screen resolution resets
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MikeLesz wrote:

We have two TVs and two cable boxes in our home and both have this issue. Software updates have been attempted without resolution. Complete box resets have been attempted without resolution. It would seem that Verizon is unable to resolve this issue. I request that my issue be escalated to a level of technical support equal to the problem. First level support personnel who follow scripts are simply unable To resolve this issue.

The boxes sense the maximum resolution of the TV they are connected to and set their output based on that information. You could try going into the service menu and setting the resolution there, but also make sure your TV 's inputs are set to allow the correct resolution too.image

View solution in original post

MikeLesz

We have two TVs and two cable boxes in our home and both have this issue. Software updates have been attempted without resolution. Complete box resets have been attempted without resolution. It would seem that Verizon is unable to resolve this issue. I request that my issue be escalated to a level of technical support equal to the problem. First level support personnel who follow scripts are simply unable To resolve this issue.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MikeLesz wrote:

The boxes sense the maximum resolution of the TV they are connected to and set their output based on that information. You could try going into the service menu and setting the resolution there, but also make sure your TV 's inputs are set to allow the correct resolution too.image