FiOS TV: Unable to View Account Information
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the past few days, when I access the Connected Device Status screen, the system isn't able to show my account information. I see the following message on the top right corner of the screen: "Fetching Data From Servers for First Request Failed".

This isn't the first time I've seen this, so when the opportunity presented itself, I power-cycled the ONT, G3100 and the main & remote STBs. 

Usually this would restore the ability to view the information...but not this time. I still see the same message.

I then called a friend who also has FiOS and asked her to check. She, too, sees the same error message.

Is the ability to view account information from the Connected Device Status screen been removed, or is there some sort of issue out there? 🤔

MENU->Customer Support->Top Support Tools->Connected Device Status

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS TV: Unable to View Account Information
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've been checking for the return of my account information to the television STB tools.

As of this morning, the ability to retrieve the information has returned. My guess is there was a server-related issue.

As of now, Account Information and on-screen Caller ID are working properly. 🙂

Ok to close out this topic. 👍

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

For the past few days, when I access the Connected Device Status screen, the system isn't able to show my account information. I see the following message on the top right corner of the screen: "Fetching Data From Servers for First Request Failed".

This isn't the first time I've seen this, so when the opportunity presented itself, I power-cycled the ONT, G3100 and the main & remote STBs. 

Usually this would restore the ability to view the information...but not this time. I still see the same message.

I then called a friend who also has FiOS and asked her to check. She, too, sees the same error message.

Is the ability to view account information from the Connected Device Status screen been removed, or is there some sort of issue out there? 🤔

MENU->Customer Support->Top Support Tools->Connected Device Status

Support was able to replicate the issue and are looking into a fix.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you Clem! 😊 

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I rechecked the account feature and it is still unavailable. I might try reaching out to Verizon via Facebook to see if I can "light another fire". 😁

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

I rechecked the account feature and it is still unavailable. I might try reaching out to Verizon via Facebook to see if I can "light another fire". 😁

Probably wouldn't hurt.

RichL2

I HAVE THIS ISSUE AS WELL.  ANY SOLUTION?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that Verizon was able to duplicate and is working on a solution. There is no ETR at this time. 🤔

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've been checking for the return of my account information to the television STB tools.

As of this morning, the ability to retrieve the information has returned. My guess is there was a server-related issue.

As of now, Account Information and on-screen Caller ID are working properly. 🙂

Ok to close out this topic. 👍

Bponnaiya

I need to access my account because I need the account number

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bponnaiya wrote:

I need to access my account because I need the account number

Go here:

https://secure.verizon.com/signin

Login, then look for Bills, click on Bills, look for your last bill and download the PDF copy. Your account number is on the upper right.