Fios TV w/Google Nest Wifi
abdool3002
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.  

I am thinking of replacing my Fios G1100 with the Google Nest WiFi router.  My ONT box is on the outside of my home and has two cables coming into the house, one is coax (which is then split,  one goes into the set top box, the other to the G1100) the other is Ethernet (which goes to the G1100) also.  If I swap the Fios router with a different one, the internet works fine but the guide data on my set top boxes doesn’t provide any guide data.  Verizon doesn’t provide any support on this as they’ve stated that I have to use the Fios G1100 to get guide data.  I’ve read of people using the Motorola MoCA adapter.  Can someone tell me if this will sort my issue and how to get this connected.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV w/Google Nest Wifi
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need a MoCA adapter. The Verizon one is pretty cheap. It's the FiOS Network Adapter(FNA) for $55. The ethernet from the ONT will connect to the Google Nest. The coax from the ONT will still connect to the splitter and one out goes to the FNA and the other out will go to the set-top box. You then have to connect the Google Nest LAN port to the FNA ethernet port. That will create the MoCA Network for you set-top box. After everything is set up reboot you set-top boxes and they will get IPs from the Google. I would also recommend keeping the G1100 for test purposes if you are not renting. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need a MoCA adapter. The Verizon one is pretty cheap. It's the FiOS Network Adapter(FNA) for $55. The ethernet from the ONT will connect to the Google Nest. The coax from the ONT will still connect to the splitter and one out goes to the FNA and the other out will go to the set-top box. You then have to connect the Google Nest LAN port to the FNA ethernet port. That will create the MoCA Network for you set-top box. After everything is set up reboot you set-top boxes and they will get IPs from the Google. I would also recommend keeping the G1100 for test purposes if you are not renting. 

abdool3002
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you once again for your response!