Fios TV
argiddens

I live in Yonkers, NY and  have 5 Fios STB's and have various and similar issues with all of them, here are my issues:

1 -None of the guides last longer than a week then we call get: "no program name" and "no program discription"

2 - All of the STB's periodically turn off the TV's - Verizon tries to blame this on the tv's - come on we are are talking about 5 different manufactures

3- Setting up a sesaon pass doesnt even record the correct show

4- No On Demand works

5- No Widgets works

6- When stopping the DVR after fast forwarding it does not stop

Any manyy more at this point I'm ready to go back to Optimium  

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Fios TV
prisaz
Legend

@argiddens wrote:

I live in Yonkers, NY and  have 5 Fios STB's and have various and similar issues with all of them, here are my issues:

1 -None of the guides last longer than a week then we call get: "no program name" and "no program discription"

2 - All of the STB's periodically turn off the TV's - Verizon tries to blame this on the tv's - come on we are are talking about 5 different manufactures

3- Setting up a sesaon pass doesnt even record the correct show

4- No On Demand works

5- No Widgets works

6- When stopping the DVR after fast forwarding it does not stop

Any manyy more at this point I'm ready to go back to Optimium  

Item 1, 4, and 5 Sounds like you are having issues with the router. It would cause problems your are having. All these items use the IP part of the connection.

2. Could be the boxes rebooting in attempt to get the IP connection to the internet. Have not seen this though.

3. The channel guide has had errors and may cause the season pass not to record properly because of program schedule changes. The guide provider provides poor information to Verizon from time to time.

6. Is a new one for me.

Regarding guide information VOD and widgets, does your internet work properly? It could be a coax cable problem.  Looks like you need a service tech to fix it. If you go to the menu and settings, the status should show online and an IP address. If it does not, you will have problems.

Message Edited by prisaz on 03-03-2009 07:42 PM
0 Likes
argiddens
Verizon has changed the router 4 times and has had 3 techs out tomy house nothing has been solved yet
0 Likes
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hi.  I was having similar problems.  As mentioned above, it was my router.  For some reason it wasn't commnicating with the STBs.  Turned out my MOCA rate was a bit low and had to run a replacement line from splitter to my one STB and then reset everything and then the tech rechecked all signal and MOCA rate transfers and I have been good ever since.  Sounds like you have alot of equip in your palce and all it takes is one line that is compromised to cause issues.  Hope this helps. Good luck.
0 Likes
argiddens
Not to mention online works fine, IP addresses show up in system info for the STB's and so far I have been on forever hold on the telephone waiting for a tech for 60 minutes so far and still waiting  
0 Likes
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
Everything on my internet service was fine.  It was the Coax running from the splitter to the STB that was not tranfering data properly.  From what I gathered from the tech if you have one bad line somewhere it could cause issues everywhere,  I was having issues with the upstairs STB until the line was replaced to my secondary STB and I have had no issues since.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Sabre70 wrote:
Everything on my internet service was fine.  It was the Coax running from the splitter to the STB that was not tranfering data properly.  From what I gathered from the tech if you have one bad line somewhere it could cause issues everywhere,  I was having issues with the upstairs STB until the line was replaced to my secondary STB and I have had no issues since.
Glad to hear it's fixed. Cable issues can cause many problems because one little miss placed strand from the shield can pull down the whole cable network in house if it shorts. My router shows the MOCA at 1050mhz and that does not like bad cables.
0 Likes
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just wish the techs taht came out would have tested that on the install.  All they seem to check is signal strength, obviously if the MOCA rate is off it causes issues everywhere.  Maybe it is checked more now but I went through a bunch of phone calls and 3 tech visits before they figured it out .  I realize the tv part is a work in progress and there  are always glitches with technology.  All is well now though, "knock on wood".
0 Likes