FIOS Voice Remote no longer controls volume on receiver
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the latest update in April all of a sudden our voice remote no longer controls the volume on our Bose receiver. Up until the firmware update it worked fine. Our Bose system is connected by the optical input and was working fine with voice remote until this update. Now it doesn’t work. We have reset the remote several times but it still doesn’t work.  It is paired with our Samsung TV.  Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Voice Remote no longer controls volume on receiver
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2golftoday wrote:

I finally fixed it!  I had to manually enter in our audio receiver model number.  After that we are back to the way we were before.  Thank you for all of your help and support. 

Glad to hear you are finally over that! Just remember what you did in case it happens again!

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several ongoing threads on this issue. Support is aware and are trying to figure out what went wrong.

2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK. Thank you!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2golftoday wrote:

After the latest update in April all of a sudden our voice remote no longer controls the volume on our Bose receiver. Up until the firmware update it worked fine. Our Bose system is connected by the optical input and was working fine with voice remote until this update. Now it doesn’t work. We have reset the remote several times but it still doesn’t work.  It is paired with our Samsung TV.  Anyone else have this issue?

Do you still have the Bose receiver in the loop in your setup? If so you'll have to reset the remote and correctly program it for the Bose, making sure it is turned on throughout the process.

1. Reset: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Reset remote setup

2. Manual: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Manual setup. Need to enter the correct model# for your TV. The setup will ask you if yu are using a receiver, say yes and add the Bose in. Make sure you go through the ENTIRE process or it won't work.

2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion. We did reprogram the remote but it still doesn’t control the receiver.  After programming it states that the remote will now control the TV and Bose audio but it only controls the TV. We have to use the Bose remote for the audio. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2golftoday wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We did reprogram the remote but it still doesn’t control the receiver.  After programming it states that the remote will now control the TV and Bose audio but it only controls the TV. We have to use the Bose remote for the audio. 

OK, I assume you went through the procedure I just posted, so I'll let support know that didn't fix the issue. Thanks for getting back!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2golftoday wrote:

Please call support at this number and they will help you. Tell them you need to speak to a level 2 tech.

1 (800) 837-4966

2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I followed your directions to reprogram the remote. Thank you for your help. Verizon called today but I missed the call. I will call them back tomorrow. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please do call them. There is hopefully someone there that can help you out.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2golftoday wrote:

Yes, I followed your directions to reprogram the remote. Thank you for your help. Verizon called today but I missed the call. I will call them back tomorrow. 

I know this might sound redundant, but support sent me this for you to try. Please follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Thanks.

1) Turn on TV & Bose Receiver
2) Turn on CEC on both TV & Receiver (If not enabled before)
3) Reset remote programming from the menu
4) Auto program the remote again. Now check the volume on Bose Receiver.
5) If the user is not able to control Bose volume, perform a manual program the remote for Bose receiver through OSM first. If OSM didn't work, try using model number.