Fios Voice Remote not controlling TV
bakroh
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Fios One Set top box is connected via HDMI to my receiver and then my receiver is connected HDMI to my TV.  The Voice Remote is controlling the Receiver but not the TV.  Is this because the TV is not directly connected to the Set top box - - - or is there a way for the voice remote to still control the tv?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Voice Remote not controlling TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bakroh wrote:

I am perfectly fine with the receiver controlling the volume.  I just want the remote to turn the tv off and on when I hit the power button on the remote.  When the power button is activated, I would like the set top box, the tv and the receiver to all turn on and off.  Right now, it's only controlling the set top box and the receiver.  Thanks.

Try turning off CEC in the receiver,  or turning it on in the TV. Some combination of that should link the TV power to the receiver. You could also try re-programming the remote with the receiver turned on, and when it asks you if there is another device you want to control volume choose the receiver. Also make sure video input control is off on the Fios box menu before you start.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bakroh wrote:

My Fios One Set top box is connected via HDMI to my receiver and then my receiver is connected HDMI to my TV.  The Voice Remote is controlling the Receiver but not the TV.  Is this because the TV is not directly connected to the Set top box - - - or is there a way for the voice remote to still control the tv?  Thanks.

When you setup the remote, if the receiver was turned on the remote will be programmed to control the volume with the receiver. It will ask you in step 2 of the programming if there is an audio device. If  you re-program the remote and turn the receiver off, it will control the volume with the TV. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways.

bakroh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am perfectly fine with the receiver controlling the volume.  I just want the remote to turn the tv off and on when I hit the power button on the remote.  When the power button is activated, I would like the set top box, the tv and the receiver to all turn on and off.  Right now, it's only controlling the set top box and the receiver.  Thanks.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bakroh wrote:

Try turning off CEC in the receiver,  or turning it on in the TV. Some combination of that should link the TV power to the receiver. You could also try re-programming the remote with the receiver turned on, and when it asks you if there is another device you want to control volume choose the receiver. Also make sure video input control is off on the Fios box menu before you start.