FIOSMobile App
CMG19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had it with this app - I thought you were supposed to be able to watch live TV (I know its only a few channels) away from home but every time I try to log in away from home I get 

INVALID CUSTOMER - to stream live TV you must have a FIOS TV and FIOS Internet services....... Error Code:11

So can you watch live TV away from home or not?    If so why do I get this error?

0 Likes
Re: FIOSMobile App
PJL
Master - Level 3

@CMG19 wrote:

I have had it with this app - I thought you were supposed to be able to watch live TV (I know its only a few channels) away from home but every time I try to log in away from home I get 

INVALID CUSTOMER - to stream live TV you must have a FIOS TV and FIOS Internet services....... Error Code:11

So can you watch live TV away from home or not?    If so why do I get this error?

Where do you live?  Does the app work on your WiFi network?  Are you using a sub account, and if so id it correctly authorized to view online video with correct parential control authorization?

0 Likes
CMG19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in NY and the app works fine at home.  I don't have a sub account and have no parental controls set.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Silly question but do you also have FIOS Internet?

0 Likes
CMG19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have Fios internet.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@CMG19 wrote:

I am in NY and the app works fine at home.  I don't have a sub account and have no parental controls set.

Then (as you had presumed) you should indeed be getting some channels outside of your home.  The database that validates your eligibility uses your actual account location, not where you may be located at any given time.  Given you're not getting channels outside of you local area the database seems to be the problem.  I would email the app developers directly with your issue.  For the Android app, their email address is listed in the Google Play Store in the app description.  I have no idea how to contact the IOS app team, although it may be the same.

0 Likes