Fix the Video on Demand service
masterchief75
Enthusiast - Level 3

The video on demand service is horrendous. Sometimes when you press pause or rewind it doesn't work. Other times pressing pause quits the program. When you click on resume play it starts the whole program from the beginning and you can't even fast forward to where you were up to because that feature is disabled in a lot of programs. The service has so much bugs. Time Warner's video on demand service murders FiOS. I have resorted to watching things on HULU even though they are not HD because I can't stand this horrible service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fix the Video on Demand service
PJL
Master - Level 3

@masterchief75 wrote:

The video on demand service is horrendous. Sometimes when you press pause or rewind it doesn't work. Other times pressing pause quits the program. When you click on resume play it starts the whole program from the beginning and you can't even fast forward to where you were up to because that feature is disabled in a lot of programs. The service has so much bugs. Time Warner's video on demand service murders FiOS. I have resorted to watching things on HULU even though they are not HD because I can't stand this horrible service.

The VOD service quality seems to be dependent on where you live, unfortunately.  I live in the VHO3 area (Southern California) and have no complaints about the service here.  Rewind always works and never crashes the program.  Resume now works fine (although it didn't for a while a few months ago). Fast forward works at the "slowest" of the normal speed choices, but be aware that it is in fact disabled by the content providers on occasion, not Verizion.  For example, some commercial networks won't let you fast forward through their programs because they insert commercials and they want you to have to see them. 

In short, I understand one area on the East Coast has the problems you describe.  I, for one, can't understand why Verizon can't the VOD service fixed for that area like it has where I live.  Masterchief75, where are you located?

0 Likes
Re: Fix the Video on Demand service
masterchief75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry I just saw this post now lol. I live in NY. I think it's much better now the service and yea I know that some channels stop you from fast forwarding, but it's annoying if a program get reset to the beginning after pressing pause which quits the program. It works fine now though and thanks for your help!

0 Likes