Flashing Green Light on Verizon Fios One Main Box?
Instegone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could have swore I posted this earlier but its not there.  Anyways there is a flashing green light on my main FIOS One box.  Started a day ago when they were rerunning a fios line in my back yard.  Any idea what this means?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Flashing Green Light on Verizon Fios One Main Box?
Jfranks1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same thing for 3 days. A user on another forum provided a solution that works. Unplug your router and then unplug the box for at least 30 seconds. When the router is back online, plug your fios one box back in. Apparently the green flash means there is a software update that can't go through. After you reset, you should be all set.

View solution in original post

Jfranks1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same thing for 3 days. A user on another forum provided a solution that works. Unplug your router and then unplug the box for at least 30 seconds. When the router is back online, plug your fios one box back in. Apparently the green flash means there is a software update that can't go through. After you reset, you should be all set.

slipnby1

I tried this solution.  Blight continues blinking after reset.  Do not see menu option to download a software update.  Light has been blinking for 2 weeks.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try doing the above again, this time also remove coax from box. After router is done rebooting, power up the box, then reattach the coax. Might work now.

Smotherbit

Unplugged set top box and detached cable. Green light still blinking!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove coax and power from Fios box. Reboot router, I assume you are using fios quantum router, reconnect fios box power and cable. Box should update.

switchtoaltice

Was just on hold with verizon for over an hour before I got someone on the line. Was told this flashing green light is normal and told me i could dim it if it was anoying. I guess this must be a new FIOS feature since i never had before yesterday. Verizon is making the decision to switch to Altice an easy choice. 

0 Likes
Catdaddy3

I have the same issue. It appears the system is trying to install a new update that allows you to see the last few channels viewed when hitting the Back button. I have three FiOS One minis, and the install has happened on all of them with no issues. On the main box, however, no installation has taken place, and the light keeps flashing green. I have tried the solution posted in this forum with no luck.

0 Likes
cnp2982
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also told it's normal. Can't stop staring at it. Covering it with electrical tape.

0 Likes
Catdaddy3

THIS IS NOT NORMAL! Any rep that says that is either uninformed or lazy.

0 Likes