Flex View not streaming on wifi but works on 3G
marcmako

Flex View streaming of paid and free tv shows and movies is not working on my Verizon Fios router wifi.  I have tried it on my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4.  But when I disable wifi on my iPhone and force it to 3G Flex View content plays fine. 

When I click to "Watch" button the playback screen launches very briefly but then just crashes. Again, no problwith over 3G. 

All other FIOS and other apps work fine.  Any help appreciated.  

Thanks!

Marc

0 Likes
Re: Flex View not streaming on wifi but works on 3G
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like a bad wifi channel

you should log into the router. 

The default user name for the Verizon MI424WR router is "admin," and the default password is "password" (do not include the quotation marks). 

• Note: To improve security, your router password may have been changed to the serial number of your router if you have not changed the password from the default of "password." You can find your router's password on the label affixed to the bottom or back of your router.

After you are logged in navigate to wireless settings, and basic security settings and look for channel.  

Change to 1, 6 and 11.  Try not to use any other channel as they are overlapping and cause trouble for you later.  

Let us know which if any worked.

0 Likes
marcmako

I tried all three channels (only saw the ability to have it on one of them at a time) but it did not help.  Problem persists and I can stilll watch on 3G but on wifi it immediately kicks me out of the viewing screen.  I will see if I can find another wifi network too.

Also, Media Manager works fine on my Windows 7 laptop and I am able to watch movies via wifi.  Just not on my Apple devices over wifi but 3G works on my iPhone4.

Any other ideas?   Thanks!

0 Likes
marcmako
So tried on wifi at Starbucks and Media Manager for Premium Channels works which means it has to be my network and the FIOS router. All other streaming apps like HBO Go and Showtime work fine.

Works: iPhone4 over 3G and Starbucks wifi, my Windoes laptop over home wifi
Doesn't work: iPhone4 and iPad3 over home wifi

When it doesn't it gets past fetching, checking device rights, preparing stream then the viewing window crashes immediately.

I tired to change to router channels but it was a bit confusing and the way I did it did not solve the problem.

Your help is appreciated!

Marc
0 Likes