Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Janefoe484 wrote:

Has a solution been provided to this yet? Can't tell/hard to follow the order of these posts.

Support needs model of box, APR version, make and model of TV and when you started to have the issue. They need that info to track the problem.

Thanks

2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

We’re having the same problem.  The remote was paired with our Samsung TV and was working fine with changing the volume and mute buttons.  As of today, it no longer works. We have reprogrammed the remote and it still doesn’t work. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2golftoday wrote:

We’re having the same problem.  The remote was paired with our Samsung TV and was working fine with changing the volume and mute buttons.  As of today, it no longer works. We have reprogrammed the remote and it still doesn’t work. 

See your other post about the same problem for a possible solution. Seems you added the Samsung TV without removing the previous programming and didn't properly finish the programming setup for your Bose receiver.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Janefoe484 wrote:

Has a solution been provided to this yet? Can't tell/hard to follow the order of these posts.

According to support:

If the issue still persists you need to perform reset, auto, OSM and manual programming in sequence until the remote works. Also, it's possible that an old Sceptre LCD TV model might not be in the code set list. Need model# for that to confirm

1. Reset: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Reset remote setup
2. Auto: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto setup
3. OSM: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto setup. If the Volume test fails, select option "Let's try another code for your TV".
4. Manual: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Manual setup. Need to enter the correct model#.

Let me know if this helps. Remember all devices need to be turned on when you do this.

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did all this before and pointless.  Your assertion about the age of the TV might hold water if you’d read the part where I mentioned the remote worked for several months before suddenly stopping.  Try again.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Frabbarr wrote:

It does not work with my new Samsung. oddly though, it used to. It stopped after I was handling the remote while watching the computer- some combination of keys I inadvertently pressed apparently disabled it.  Fortunately, I still have the old remote, which adjusts the volume just fine.

From support:

If you still have a Samsung receiver you need to keep it turned on, reset and then auto program the Box for both TV and AVR. If not, you need to reset and just program for the TV without adding the receiver.

1. Reset: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Reset remote setup
2. Auto: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto setup

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

Read the other gazillion posts.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Janefoe484 wrote:

Read the other gazillion posts.

I've been reading the other Gazillion posts thank you. I'm trying to help, what model# is your TV? Need that info for support to see if they have codes for it. Does the remote turn the TV on and off or is it just volume that doesn't work?  Also when did you try the sequence I just posted to you for re-programming your remote? Please follow what I just sent and let me know if it works. I'm trying to get you setup correctly but support people need you to try again. Sorry about all this.

Janefoe484
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless I rip the set off the wall, don’t know the exact model. Fios Remote worked to control power and volume for months, now it doesn’t do either. I tried reprogramming the other day.  Nothing

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Janefoe484 wrote:

Unless I rip the set off the wall, don’t know the exact model. Fios Remote worked to control power and volume for months, now it doesn’t do either. I tried reprogramming the other day.  Nothing

Hate to be a pain, but did you try resetting the remote then try this today?

3. OSM: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto setup. If the Volume test fails, select option "Let's try another code for your TV".

Also you don't have a receiver or sound bar in the setup here do you?

Thanks.