Free HBO Not Working
Sailracer

I received an e-mail Monday indicating I was going to receive free HBO through June for being a loyal customer, yet I am not able to view that channel (Says subscription required)

I chatted with support for 45 minutes and got passed from one support person who couldn't resolve it and handed me off to billing who confirmed free HBO was listed on my account and passed me back to someone else in tech support who tried the resetting and cable card unplugging/plugging again.  Eventually he came back and said that the free HBO must not be activated until midnight and to try again tomorrow.  Of course, the next day it did not work, either.

At this point, I am not going to phone or chat anymore to resolve this.  I've wasted enough time on it.  If someone on here can resolve it without my involvement, great, but free HBO isn't worth another tedious chat with support.  

0 Likes
Re: Free HBO Not Working
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

One of the administrators may forward your issue on.

But in the end, you have to work through support to get this resolved.

0 Likes
Sailracer

Hi CRobGauth- it seems like Verizon employees read and often respond to these forums so my hope is they read this, recognize the irony in a loyalty "reward" executed poorly actually resulting lower customer satisfaction and use it to drive institutional change within Verizon to improve customer satisfaction (a lofty and unrealistic goal to be sure).  My post stems from not just the frustration of this one issue, but all of the technical and billing issues and hours spent on the phone or chat over the past year with Verizon.  And I need the catharsis of venting Cat Happy

For peer to peer benefit for others who may run into this problem: based on previous experience I think this is this is yet another cablecard problem.  They seem to work properly for a few months before something goes wrong and it takes hours of debug with a technician getting nowhere before they decide to try sending out a new card.  Last time they ended up billing me for two cablecards and I had to spend even more time getting the second one taken off my bill.   Verizon- if you are going to charge subscribers for a cablecard it should at least be a high quality component.

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

You may want to check online if you can add the premium channels. If Verizon sticks with its promise you can add HBO and Verizon discounts that price. Best would be to call them. If this is for a limited time only make sure to check back once the time is over and remove the channels. My guess is Verizon will not do that for you and instead charge after the promo period.

When you make changes online quadruple check that Verizon does not drop in other changes. I wanted to change only the TV package and Verizon thought I should also go with more expensive Internet...I did catch it before placing the order.

0 Likes
camdlux1

I received the same email regarding the complimentary service until June. 2015.  I tried to tune into HBO but I receive a message saying I am not authorized for the channel. 

0 Likes
Sailracer

Small update:  I am able to log in to HBO GO with my Verizon ID and password which confirms the free HBO is definitely on my account.  That leaves a technical problem with subscription access and the cable card as the likely cuplprit.

0 Likes