Funky Behavior With 7232 DVR
jerseyguy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've searched about 15 pages of comments and have yet to come across anyone experiencing a similar issue.  Basically, when I'm watching a recorded program and it gets to the last 5 minutes, and I want to fast forward, it automatically stops FF'ing about 4 mintues from the end.  If I hit FF again, it will go another 30 seconds or so before ceasing to FF...hit it again, another 30 seconds, etc.etc.etc.

This is especially annoying e.g. if I want to FF to watch trailers for the next episode (e.g. True Blood last night...kept having to hit FF multiple times to get past credits/etc.)

The rest of the program FF's fine...it's just the last few mintues. 

Please tell me this is not a "feature" to prevent you from overshooting towards the end of a recording.

Thanks for any assistance!

Scott (new FiOS subscriber as of last week's transition from Cablevision!)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Funky Behavior With 7232 DVR
tns
Master - Level 2

Well known behavior. 

Its a "feature", they will not accept bug reports on it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Well known behavior. 

Its a "feature", they will not accept bug reports on it.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Expected behavior on IMG 1.8.  This prevents you from accidentally hitting the end of the show and then having to FF through the complete show to get back to near the end again.  Try using the skip forward instead, it may let you get closer to the end before not advancing.

BTW - it looks like in 1.9a you can FF yourself right to the end of the program (and oblivion).  Be careful what you wish for, you may eventually get it Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
jerseyguy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome.  Thanks guys for the quick responses.  Glad it's not a hiccup on my end (can finally stop resetting the box hoping something will change)!

If it'll be "fixed" in 1.9, then that's an OK answer....if it isn't, then I'm going to be a bit disappointed.   You don't realize how annoying something can be when you've had things a certain way (in my case w/ Cablevision) for a while, make the switch, only to come to find out the grass may not be entirely greener.  (All in all, I still like many facets of FiOS better than CVC, aside from the lack of menu simplicity and this FF stuff). 

The only other MAJOR gripe (which I know will be fixed w/ 1.9) is that I went from 1.5tb of DVR storage on cablevision (via eSATA HDD) to 500gb on FiOS.  The installer actually brought the older DVR w/ him (forget the model #) which only had 160gb...and I refused to accept it (he actually agreed that it was ridiculous that they kept deploying the old boxes in this day and age).  Needless to say, he called his supervisor and they found a 7232 somewhere so at least I have 3x the storage of the old model 🙂

Cheers,

Scott

0 Likes