FYI-Multi Room DVR and HD Set Top
searay1
If you have a multiroom dvr, you will NOT be able to watch recorded programs on a HD set top box: this feature only works with regular Set Top Boxes:...so you have to choose which box to use, watch HD programs on your HD tv, or dont watch HD on your HD tv and watch your recorded which box  programs., or, spend $18 a month for both:..................makes no sense to me
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FYI-Multi Room DVR and HD Set Top
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
I think you are saying that you can't watch an HD recorded program on a Hd set top box if you don't have a HDTV. I have an HD receiver connected to a Std TV and I am watching a HD program on it...not in HD but I am still watching it. Problem is there is a major glitch...Check out the "Unable To Locate Hub" thread on this board.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
I think you are saying that you can't watch an HD recorded program on a Hd set top box if you don't have a HDTV. I have an HD receiver connected to a Std TV and I am watching a HD program on it...not in HD but I am still watching it. Problem is there is a major glitch...Check out the "Unable To Locate Hub" thread on this board.
0 Likes
searay1
If you have a multiroom DVR, you will only be able to view your recorded programs on your other tvs if the boxes are reg set top boves, or HD DVR boxes: the standard HD set top box(model 6200) does not have the DVR icon in the menu screen, you need to upgrade to the dvr version
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Searay, you have it backwards. 6200's do work with multiroom DVR. Other DVR's will not be able to see the multiroom unit.
0 Likes