Getting channel is currently unavailable on mulitple, basic channels I should be subscribed to
jcnet

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that TBS was unavailable. Then that CNN and CNN HL are unavailable. I have the extreme HD package so all of these should be available. When I tune to those channels I see a black screen with the message channel is currently unavailable. If I channel up or down then return to one of the problematic channels, the error goes away but there is no sound and the picutre is pixelated.

I've chatted, called, had Verizon reset it remotely, used the self help thing to reset the box and it works initially but when I go back an hour or two later to watch one of those channels, the same problem occurs. If I press B to self-diagnose nothing happens. If i press C to watch those channels in HD the sound quality is horrible.

Today I installed the new STB Verizon sent to me and all seemed well until I tried to tune into Anderson Cooper's New Year's eve show and I'm getting that dreaded message again! So I lost all the stuff on the old DVR STB so I could install the new box and now I've got the same problem. This is SO frustrating.

What is the problem??

0 Likes
Re: Getting channel is currently unavailable on mulitple, basic channels I should be subscribed to
ZackSchil

Same here. I'm getting it on lots of HD versions of channels, like TLC HD and Bravo HD. Nothing seems to work to fix it. Not very happy.

0 Likes