Good Wife Programming Issues
Berlyvonne
IF VERIZON DOES NOT FIX THE PROGRAM GUIDE ISSUES WITH THE GOOD WIFE BY NEXT WEEK, I AM CHANGING SERVICES IMMEDIATELY. TGW is scheduled to come on at 9p, but doesn't start until 9:10 or so. Therefore, when I schedule my DVR to record I miss the last 15 minutes of the show and have to watch on demand. I don't know if the time is a CBS network decision or what, but Verizon needs to fix this error or accommodate the time difference in their guide. I have so many issues with Verizon Fios sub-par service especially when it comes to DVR, but this is really getting on my nerves & will force me to change.
0 Likes
Re: Good Wife Programming Issues
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The guide data is not updated when the schedule is shifted by Sports events.  TGW last night by the MASTERS (PGA) that went a bit over schedule.  This is a common problem with ALL DVR's and not unique to Verizon.

starrin
Contributor - Level 3

This will happen repeatedly with CBS, as they seem to glom onto all kinds of sporting events that shift their whole Sunday evening schedule.

Simple solution:  When you see a sporting event in the 4-6 or 7 slot, simple set the DVR to record the next program in the schedule after TGW. (Mentalist)

Otherwise, on my DVRs I simply go to the scheduled recordings, find the show I want to change the times on and OK that show, and then drop down to the option that allows me to change the times.  Use it all the time.  Some shows, e.g. The Americans on FX, rarely schedule a 60 minute episode.  So I adjust ahead of time.

Better to light a candle than curse the darkeness.

dvrhound
This issue has been a problem for 2+ years. **bleep**. I wish it was only an issue with this program
0 Likes
dvrhound
Really. Do you call the amazing race a sporting event?Verizon needs real complaint department to log these issues.
0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just set it to record 15 ( or longer ) minutes past end time.

Problem solved

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty sure there is not a provider DVR (or even TIVO) that can compensate for when a program does not start and end at the scheduled time.

No way to send out the update to what could be millions of DVRs to know when the program will acutally start.

If a program is supposed to start at 8 and the prvious prgram runs long, do they keep sending out a change pushing the show back 1 minute each time until it is acutally going to start?

Not techincally feasible.

Like others have said, set the program to record longer.

Especially if it is during football season on CBS or Fox as they will have late games that run long.

Now getting them to control that is a whole different issue (they could reduce the TV timeouts to compensate or just schedule shows to start later like CBS finally did last year).

0 Likes