Guide and Info Bar Not Full Screen
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I have 3 HD TV sets.  I have one set connected to a HD box and two other sets connected to a HD/DVR box.  When the new release came out (release 1.9 build 10.95) I was able to get the interactive guide on the one set that had an HD box connected to it.  When I first turned it on the box it went through a set up and asked what type of TV was connected etc.  For the two sets that are connected to the HD/DVR boxes, they did not go through that initial set up.  I called tech support and they rebooted my set top boxes and also the router.  I am still unable to get the guide to come up full screen and also the info bar does not come up full (stretched ) either.  Everything seems to be ok with the regular HD STB.  Does the new upgrade not work on STB's with DVR's?  I appreciate any info.  I have been through all the settings menus and nothing seems to bring the guide up to full screen.  This is annoying when I can only view 1 hour on the guide as opposed to 2 hours on the HD alone STB.

0 Likes
Re: Guide and Info Bar Not Full Screen
Justin46
Legend

@Rick5472 wrote:

I have 3 HD TV sets.  I have one set connected to a HD box and two other sets connected to a HD/DVR box.  When the new release came out (release 1.9 build 10.95) I was able to get the interactive guide on the one set that had an HD box connected to it.  When I first turned it on the box it went through a set up and asked what type of TV was connected etc.  For the two sets that are connected to the HD/DVR boxes, they did not go through that initial set up.  I called tech support and they rebooted my set top boxes and also the router.  I am still unable to get the guide to come up full screen and also the info bar does not come up full (stretched ) either.  Everything seems to be ok with the regular HD STB.  Does the new upgrade not work on STB's with DVR's?  I appreciate any info.  I have been through all the settings menus and nothing seems to bring the guide up to full screen.  This is annoying when I can only view 1 hour on the guide as opposed to 2 hours on the HD alone STB.

What model DVRs do you have? If they are 6416 then they are not capable of displaying the full HD capabilities of the 1.9 IMG, you will have to replace them with 7xxx boxes to get the HD capabilities.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

What model DVRs do you have? If they are 6416 then they are not capable of displaying the full HD capabilities of the 1.9 IMG, you will have to replace them with 7xxx boxes to get the HD capabilities.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin I have two of the 6416 HD/DVR STB's.  I have been on the phone today over an hour with Verizon.  First I went to tech support, then transfered to encore (?) they couldn't help.  then to Billing who called tech support back to see if I went through all the settings and re-boots to the boxes.  He is now transferring me back to billing.  How do I get verizon to swap out the old boxes?  I see they have other HD DVR stb's on their web site.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Justin I have two of the 6416 HD/DVR STB's.  I have been on the phone today over an hour with Verizon.  First I went to tech support, then transfered to encore (?) they couldn't help.  then to Billing who called tech support back to see if I went through all the settings and re-boots to the boxes.  He is now transferring me back to billing.  How do I get verizon to swap out the old boxes?  I see they have other HD DVR stb's on their web site.

Rick,

They can order them for you. As far as I know, Tech Support can do it. Unfortunately you sometimes have to try multiple times before you reach a rep that understands the problem.

Supposedly the TS reps have been told about about the issue with the 6xxx boxes and the new IMG, and they are supposed to work with you  to make a replacement happen.

Also, just FYI, when I replaced a couple of STB 4 or 5 months ago, I did it via the website with no problem, and returned my old ones via UPS, worked great.

I will see if I can get you some help.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Rick, I've sent you a private message relating to this post. Please reply in PM so we can take care of this for you. Thanks!

0 Likes
Klinny

Travis:

I'm having the same issue with my older HD DVR box not showing the full HD Guide. Can you help me out?

- Thanks, Brad

0 Likes
eldread

Travis:

I'd like to order a replacement HD DVR as well.  My guide won't show full screen, and I am also having issues with playing back certain recorded programs.  I called TS and encore, and they told me to order a replacement from the website, which is not easily found.

Can you help?

Thanks

0 Likes
danxmanly1

Before I found this forum I had a chat with a verizon rep about getting a new box b/c multiroom dvr did not have the full screen guide... here are a few lines from our chat indicating he has no clue what I wanted: 

Sobar(21:51:32): Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our Verizon chat service. How can I help you place your order?   You(21:52:18): i have a very old dvr box that won't give me the new full screen channel guide.. i need you guys to swap it out for the newer version. can you help?  Sobar(21:52:58): Thank you very much for being a valued Verizon customer.
Do you means to have the Multiroom DVR? 
  You(21:53:47): it is the motorola 6416 box I believe.. and yes, it is multi room dvr Sobar(21:54:57): LEt me provide you with the steps to subscribe the new one.   You(21:55:08): ok..  Sobar(21:55:28): Verizon has created a dedicated web page for you to request notification when expanded storage options are available in your area. To sign-up to be notified when new expanded DVR storage options are available, follow these steps:

* Go to ( oops invalid html to the link the guy actually provided.. LOL  ) and sign-in.
* Select the 'Settings' dropdown located just above the Search field.
* Select 'Set Top Boxes'.
* Select the 'GO' button in the box on the right marked 'Want more from your FiOS DVR'.
* Enter your Name and Preferred email address for notification on when the DVR expansion becomes available.

You will be contacted with specific options and instructions as they become available.
Sobar(21:55:38): Your trust and satisfaction is very important for us, so please feel free to ask questions. Is there anything else I can help you with today? You(21:56:05): I don't want the dvr expansion.. I want the new box... Sobar(21:56:35): The box which you have is the new box. We provide that box only right now which is the normal box. Sobar(21:56:46): The new box is the expanded memory box. You(21:57:02): then why isnt' my guide a full guide across the wide screen? Sobar(21:57:53): For this, you would need to contact our Tech dept, they would remotely access your DVR and check it.   So, guess I'll have to actually call someone to order the new box?  Was really wanting to avoid that but being as online support was clueless, I dont' have a choice I guess.. anyone.. anyone? 😉

0 Likes