Guide refuses to stay on Favorites
JuliaMarti

Since the update about a week ago, the guide always comes up on "all channels". I have to switch it to Favorites Every. Single. **bleep**. Time. (And then when I switch it, it gets the current channel wrong.) Does anyone know of any way to convince the guide that I really mean it when I tell it to show Favorite channels?

(I don't understand why the guide was given such a huge overhaul in the first place. What was wrong with the old one? Any chance I can switch back to it?)

0 Likes
Re: Guide refuses to stay on Favorites
JuliaMarti

Also, since when is the d-word bleep-worthy?

0 Likes
Re: Guide refuses to stay on Favorites
Justin46
Legend

@JuliaMarti wrote:

Since the update about a week ago, the guide always comes up on "all channels". I have to switch it to Favorites Every. Single. **bleep**. Time. (And then when I switch it, it gets the current channel wrong.) Does anyone know of any way to convince the guide that I really mean it when I tell it to show Favorite channels?

(I don't understand why the guide was given such a huge overhaul in the first place. What was wrong with the old one? Any chance I can switch back to it?)

I don't know the answer to your question because I do not experience what you describe. But some questions:

1) What setting do you have for Favorites Button? I have it set to Toggle Flip by Favorites.

2) What setting do you have for Flip by Favorites? I have it set to Favorites 1 (the only Favorites list I have defined).

3) What setting do you have for Last Viewed Guide State under Television? I have it set to Disable and my Guide defaults to whatever the last setting I made (Full or Favorites), but I have seen a post recommending that this be set to Enable to keep the last setting. I don't understand why mine works without that setting, but you might try enabling it if you don't already have it set that way.

4) Oh, and I guess I am wondering what model STB you have? You say that it gets the channel wrong when you switch, I do not experience that either. I have a QIP7232 DVR and a couple of QIP7100-P2 STBs, and I do not see that on any of them.

As to why the Guide was given a "hugh overhaul", I guess the answer is that Verizon just wanted to do so, maybe bring us a more "modern" look. And clearly besides the new Guide format and colors, there are lots of new capabilities in IMG 1.9; if you haven't explored and started to use some of those new capabilities I suggest you do so, it may change you view of the new software. 

I find the new Guide terrific, I really like the new format and the colors, and I am 70 years old, severely nearsighted, and wear bifocals pretty much full time and I have absolutely no trouble reading the Guide or any of the other menus. Some people say they cannot read it more than a few feet away, I can take off my glasses and easily read it from about 8-10 feet away, and I really could not do that with the old Guide. Apparently YMMV on this, and I know there have been complaints, but if you consider the number of users who now have the new Guide, and the relatively few complaints posted here, I think most people either like it, or at least have gotten used to it.

I have had the new Guide now for a couple of months and am used to it. The only thing I don't like at this point is the extra large banner that appears at the bottom of the screen each time I change channels, it takes up maybe 1/3 of the screen, far too much, and stays too long, about 10 seconds. Of course I can easily remove that banner by hitting the Exit key, but that is just another key press that I feel should not be necessary.

I suspect that in the next release of the IMG, Verizon will add some options to perhaps adjust some of the colors and change the contrast and the time the banner remains on the screen. Not that that helps you now, but I think there is hope for improvements in the future.

If you do find a solution to your issue with the Guide not staying with your Favorites, please come back here and tell us what fixed it, others will benefit from your experience.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes