HBO channels under Extreme HD
rvd1007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just renewed for a 2 year contract with a triple play bundle - Extreme HD, Internet 50/25 and Phone for $99.99.  I decided to select extreme HD because from the channel line-up HBO was indicated as "Included in TV Bundle".  My understanding to this was that it is included in my package.  When I check, HBO was not activated.

I tried calling and chatting with support, both technical and billing, and they both gave me a run around from answering a simple question - what does "Included in TV Bundle" mean from the channel line-up indication.  It was not a check mark (which mean it is included) or a $ sign (which means you need to pay for it) but "Included in TV Bundle".  This would only mean that if you buy a bundle like triple play, it will be included.  I would have posted the picture to show proof but I am not able to paste it here or attach a file.

Can anybody help?  Did any experience what I have undergone.  I had a free HBO until September being a loyal custiomer and now I lost it.  Such an annoying and poor service from Verizon!  I would appreciate a full explanation.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: HBO channels under Extreme HD
rvd1007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Btw, I managed to figure out how to post the image. 🙂

0 Likes
PuzzledInNY
Enthusiast - Level 2
I got the same run-around with technical support when I renewed recently where they said I was on some old version of Extreme HD and thus don't get HBO or Showtime, but that I could always buy them separately. It's weird because there's nothing that says HBO and Showtime are only included for new customers or that there are two versions of Extreme HD since the channel line-up I see from Account Services says I should have them. I think Verizon is just trying to milk more money out of existing customers.
rvd1007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see, so this is how they reward loyal customers.  I work for a Fortune 500 company and Verizon is one of the vendors. It would be curious to hear what their management thinks ( if they even care).

0 Likes