HCI Issues with new Software Update
heneely3

Let me start by saying how ANGRY I am about how hard it is to find some place to submit bug reports for the DVR software.  I don't know if this is the right place, but it's the only place I can find.

I noticed that you pushed out a new software update on Saturday.  There are horrific HCI errors in this update that I detail below.

I'll give you a pass on the fact that OnDemand is currently down, even though I had planned to watch "Lucy" last night, and the entire system was disabled.  I would have appreciated a heads-up that this was going to happen.

I'll also forgive the fact that when I turned on my DVR, it rebooted in the middle of recording a game I really wanted to watch.  I didn't miss the key action, but it was still annoying.

I do have the following gripes about the new update that need to be fixed pronto, or I'll switch services:

1. When attempting to play recorded programs, the "OK" button seems to be disabled.  In the new HCI scheme, the OK button provides access to "Details", which may have resolved some of the problems below.
  2. Completion of a recorded program results in drop back to the current live channel, with no other indication.  While this may be desirable in some situations, I suggest that you make it a user option whether they want to go back to live programming or the list of recoreded programs.
  3. If the DVR had been left in a live channel that is currently being recorded, it is currently impossible to get the DVR to play the program from the start.  This worked in the prior software version.  Perhaps this is a capability included in "Details", which is currently inaccessible.
  4. This is no capability to stop and delete a program that is currently recording.  This is a problem when one is recording a sports program.  I typically add 60 minutes to the end of a sports event for this eventuality, and once I've watched to the end of the actual event, I would like to be able to stop recording and delete the program.  I am currently not able to do this.
  5. The "Create" program from search capability provides search results that are beyond the capability of the DVR to record.  When one selects "OK" to get to the record options, the operation fails silently, so the user has no idea whether anything actually happened, or why nothing happened.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me an email address for direct bug reports.  I think I can help you improve the product, but it is driving me crazy trying to find the right place to submit the reports.

H.N.

0 Likes
Re: HCI Issues with new Software Update
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't say what hardware you have. And I haven't seen anyone else post regards a software update.

I have Quantum so I can only provide comments from there.

Couple of comments:

1) This is the only place tolist issues with FIOS service.

2) As for stopping and deleting: I can either hit info button or stop button. Either one gives the option to stop recording. Then you can delete. Hitting the DVR button and selecting program allows you to stop and delete as well.

3) There is a simple work around to start watching a live program from the beginning. Switch to another channel then use DVR menu to play from start.

Not sure what you mean for #5.

Hope these help.

0 Likes