Re: HD boxes dropping sound
Normie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for your solution to HD boxes dropping sound.  I tried your PCM solution and so far it seems to be working.

It mainly results in your own TV settings (in my case Hitachi) being changed to the PCM setting.

I too had tried explaining my problem to Verizon Fios technical support. They did try to help but in the end nothing worked. They suggested a new HD set top box but I had heard that most times that did not fix the problem.

My problem was mainly with the Bravo channel.  I would lose the audio everytime a commercial would end to connect back to the TV show I was watching.  Had to keep turning the TV off and on to reset.  Such a nuisance.

Hopefully everyone will see this message.  Ridiculous that Verizon will not try your solution and use this to help their customers stop this very annoying loss of volume problem!

Normie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

To ConcernedUser:

You are an Angel!!  Thank you so much for your post regarding the Fix for the Fios HD Sound Drop Off!!

After three years of total frustration with turning off and turning on my TV and so many fruitless calls to Fios Techs, your fix has worked!!

It has been about 20 hours and no loss of audio! I am afraid to actually say this for fear the Fios TV Gods may

come up with something else to screw up our lives!!

LOL

I have also attached your post (hope it is ok with you) to my most recent article today regarding this issue and given you the much deserved kuddos for your efforts that you so deserve to solve this problem and help us all in Fios TV Land to let go of our remotes!!!

Normie1

Normie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Use the OK button on remote and then select Menu after turning Set Top Box off to get to the White Screen of User Settings. But make sure to do this quickly after turning Set Top Box off as it will reset and turn the Set Top Box on again.

I had to do this several times to get to the white screen as Idid not do it quick enough. I think ConcernedUser post meant to say the OK button instead of Select on the remote as there is no Select button.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes