HD channels not working on 1080i, Channels WCVB HD, 577, 517
jheliotis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some of my HD channels are not working, channels 505, 577. I keep rebooting box, even unlplug from power and plug back in. They work for a short period of time and then stop. Screen goes black with message showing that I should try rebooting cable box.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HD channels not working on 1080i, Channels WCVB HD, 577, 517
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles with your channels. Unplugging the power cord will not get this corrected. What you are seeing is a signal disruption. The signal is sent to the box through the coax cord. You have to unscrew the coax cord from the back of the box and the wall outlet. Make sure both tips are straight and clean of oxidation. Screw both back on finger tight. Also check the other boxes in your house to see if they are going it as well. Please reply back if further assistance is needed.

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles with your channels. Unplugging the power cord will not get this corrected. What you are seeing is a signal disruption. The signal is sent to the box through the coax cord. You have to unscrew the coax cord from the back of the box and the wall outlet. Make sure both tips are straight and clean of oxidation. Screw both back on finger tight. Also check the other boxes in your house to see if they are going it as well. Please reply back if further assistance is needed.

jheliotis
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks I'll give it a try and report back!

0 Likes
jheliotis
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you

LeoPicado
Enthusiast - Level 1

After resetting the box like 10 times this week I finally found this post. I followed the simple steps and... PROBLEM SOLVED!!!  Thank you!

HD Channels not working
fba1

I moved to a new house a few months ago and a verizon technician came to activate verizon fios service in the new house. The first day after the activation we had HD channels with HD quality. Later on, however, the quality image of HD channels and non HD is the same. We tried resetting the STB box, unplugged from the power, and finally we tried unplugging the coax cable. Nothing has worked... I tried calling during business days and times but I have had to hold for over an hour and have not been able to talk to anyone.

0 Likes