HD channels with Verizon supplied HDMI cable work/don't work
hunter351

I received an HD box for our master bedroom yesterday.  I hooked up the HDMI cable and everything was working fine until I started scrolling through some of the HD channels.  The audio would work with certain channels, not with others, and then work on the channels that didn't work previously if I turned the box & tv off and then back on.  The audio is very sporadic with the HD channels...everything is fine with non-HD.  Any suggestions is appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HD channels with Verizon supplied HDMI cable work/don't work
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/HD-boxes-dropping-sound/m-p/183961#M19651

This gentleman found a nice working solution to the problem,   try to follow the steps and let us know if it works for you.

one edit that I would suggest, is to try Pass through instead of PCM,  but both should work 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/HD-boxes-dropping-sound/m-p/183961#M19651

This gentleman found a nice working solution to the problem,   try to follow the steps and let us know if it works for you.

one edit that I would suggest, is to try Pass through instead of PCM,  but both should work 

0 Likes
hunter351

Thanks!  I'll try this and let you know.

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your title says that Verizon supplied the HDMI cable. What they give out is not what I would consider a better quality cable and you may wish to invest in a different HDMI cable. There is no need to break the bank with brands like Monster Cable that are a total ripoff. Try online merchants that are well known for their quality like Monoprice or Blue Jeans Cable which offer different gauges and assorted lengths and colors. They also offer liberal return policies so if you are not satisfied and this does not correct your issue you can get a refund.

0 Likes