hd dvr always reboots
tampavol
my hd dvr reboots when i change the channel, go to indemamd, and sometimes when i check the program guide. i still have img 1.5 since i am in Florida. What is the solution to this problem?
0 Likes
Re: hd dvr always reboots
Tireman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call in to the tech department make sure they have a record of the problem

0 Likes
cc_la_vee

I'm getting a similar problem on our hd dvr qip6416-2.  The set seems to overheat - or something.  It works ok for about 15-20 minutes and then it turns itself off and on and then off again.  If I try to turn it back on it runs for only about 5 minutes and then quits.

The really strange thing is that we just got a replacement DVR today and it does the exact same thing.  The power cord and the plug have both been changed.

Is there something going on with the software / firmware that would cause this?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@cc_la_vee wrote:

I'm getting a similar problem on our hd dvr qip6416-2.  The set seems to overheat - or something.  It works ok for about 15-20 minutes and then it turns itself off and on and then off again.  If I try to turn it back on it runs for only about 5 minutes and then quits.

The really strange thing is that we just got a replacement DVR today and it does the exact same thing.  The power cord and the plug have both been changed.

Is there something going on with the software / firmware that would cause this?

Thanks! 

If you really think it is overheating, are you leaving enough space around the box?  Basically nothing on top of the box and a couple of inches on each side to allow proper cooling.  If you have then just ignore this suggestion Smiley Happy

0 Likes