Re: HDMI AUDIO Drop out
JoeInRI
Ok so I finally got acces to the hidden menu and changed
the setting to pass through.....fingers crossed that this solves my problem...Ty
0 Likes
ronnieb1

I find that HDMI connectors loosen if you remove them often. Try squeezing the top and bottom gently with a pair of pliers to get a better connection.

0 Likes
jennik1

This just worked for me as well.

0 Likes
NetworkGuy1879

I had the same problem, but when I switched HDMI cables it was fine

0 Likes
cece491

I am losing audio on PBS WETA Washington D.C. Channels  526 (HD) and 474 WETA UK.  Program will start and 2-3 seconds in the audio drops for the duration of the program.  This is annoying especially when trying to watch a recorded program- no sound!  It is intermittent and NO ONE, I mean No ONE at Verizon can figure it out.  They have already switched out Cisco STB twice, replaced splitters, modem, re run cable.  Three Techs have been here and no one can fix it.  PBS WETA says it's not them and it is a Language settings issue.  N O T.   All my language settings are all on English.  

Can anyone on this forum tell me how to fix this problem?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
cece491

help--what "hidden menu" ?   I too am having audio problems with PBS.

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

It is a hidden menu that will display on tv but you need to use the buttons on the front of the set top box (or a combination of remote and buttons on the box intself), if I understand correctly. Details on accessing this menu are detailed above. Its the third post of this thread, authored by Hubrisnxs.

cece49 wrote:

help--what "hidden menu" ?   I too am having audio problems with PBS.

0 Likes
asr513

amazing - this worked for me too.  Thought I was headed to techie never-neverland, but it went exactly as you said.  Thanks!

0 Likes
ffmaer
This works for me thanks!
0 Likes
Diana25

I have tried switching my main box due to no audio on things I have DVR'd.  Sometimes I get sound sometimes I dont.  Sometimes it is just the commercials that have no sound etc.  The solution was to switch my box and reset it myself.  #1  It is hooked to my receiver.  When they installed the box originally--instead of switching to new wiring they used what was there so when I swtiched to the new box (it didnt match the picture shown on directions--its a different box than shown so that was helpful.) I just plugged in to the receiver as the original installation.  Then I read some comments on the forum and tried the main menu/power thing--I got the white page on the TV with options---no HDMI options.  The only audio that was on the menu was closed captioning.  I cant take it.  I am calling cox and going back.  This past week we have shut the TV off by 8pm--couldn't watch much due to no audio on many channels-mainly the HD.  What a hoax.

0 Likes