HDMI Audio static FIOS TV only, not DVD or other audio
sukuiyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

My second Verizon FIOS set top box (STB) is connected to my home theater system via HDMI, so HDMI out on STB to HDMI in on the home theater box.

When I watch a DVD, watch a movie on Netflix or listen to audio on Pandora, I have no audio issues. When I switch to Verizon FIOS the audio has a lot of static to the point where it is hard to recognize the voice. The bummer is that it used to work fine before. Video is fine, no issues.

I have tried different HDMI cables, air blown all the ports so they are clean, made sure all connections are tight. The issue has not been resolved. There are no abnormal electricity sources nearby other than a wall plug. The STB sits on a wooden shelf and doesnt contact anything else that is metal. Can you help me figure out what the issue is and how to solve it?

The audio and video on the main STB unit (which is also the DVR) is perfectly fine 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HDMI Audio static FIOS TV only, not DVD or other audio
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Try connecting an HDMI directly to the TV to see if you get the same distortion. Also set your Dynamic Range , found in SETTINGS>AUDIO , to none.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Try connecting an HDMI directly to the TV to see if you get the same distortion. Also set your Dynamic Range , found in SETTINGS>AUDIO , to none.

0 Likes
sukuiyer
Enthusiast - Level 2
The dynamic range fixed it, thanks