Help. Two new P265v5 remotes and neither inputs are working.
Berto11

My 6 year old P265 remotes are old.  I recently purchased 2 new P265 remotes and they were easy to program to turn on the TV and work volume controls.  Problem is the component imput button does not work.  So we can not switch to the Xbox, fire TV or DVD player.   Tried customer support but it did not work.  Their solution was to send 2 new remotes.  In the search for this issues has come up in the past.  Has this been resolved or is it time to get a different remote?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help. Two new P265v5 remotes and neither inputs are working.
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Berto1 wrote:
My 6 year old P265 remotes are old.  I recently purchased 2 new P265 remotes and they ...

Could be you need to try a different code from the same manufacturer. Also try the hard way to program, by doing it this way:

How to program your remote control

Please read all instructions before starting.

1. Press the OK and FiOS TV buttons at the same time. Release both buttons and the red light on the remote will blink twice and stay on.
  2. Next, press and release the Play/Pause button once every second until the remote finds the right code and your TV shuts off. When the TV shuts off, stop pressing the Play/Pause button.
  3. Press the TV Power button on the remote to turn the TV on. If the TV turns on, press OK to save.

TV won't turn on? 
    Press the Channel Down button once every second until it turns on. Then press OK to save.

Remember, the P-265 needs line-of -sight to work.

@Berto1

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Berto1 wrote:
My 6 year old P265 remotes are old.  I recently purchased 2 new P265 remotes and they ...

Could be you need to try a different code from the same manufacturer. Also try the hard way to program, by doing it this way:

How to program your remote control

Please read all instructions before starting.

1. Press the OK and FiOS TV buttons at the same time. Release both buttons and the red light on the remote will blink twice and stay on.
  2. Next, press and release the Play/Pause button once every second until the remote finds the right code and your TV shuts off. When the TV shuts off, stop pressing the Play/Pause button.
  3. Press the TV Power button on the remote to turn the TV on. If the TV turns on, press OK to save.

TV won't turn on? 
    Press the Channel Down button once every second until it turns on. Then press OK to save.

Remember, the P-265 needs line-of -sight to work.

@Berto1
Berto11

@clem53. The tv's turn on and the volume works using the new remotes, the issue is I can not switch to xbox, fire stick or the DVD player.  The tv input/ adv button is not working. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Berto1 wrote:

@clem53. The tv's turn on and the volume works using the new remotes, the issue is I can not switch to xbox, fire stick or the DVD player.  The tv input/ adv button is not working. 

Got that, but sometimes there are more than one code that will work with a given TV and will provide the control you are looking for. That's why I suggested an alternate version of the programming procedure.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes