Here we go again- local HD channel going out going on 3 years now
ericvq

Was told to call the local manager {edited for privacy}. if the problem happened again and it has been.  The email reads as an invalid email address and his voice mail is not accepting calls because it has been full for the 2 weeks I have been calling. 

Can someone at Verizon get me in touch with him?????????

Problem:

For the past 2 years I have had the local NBC in Richmond VA (WWBT Channel 12 on FIOS 512) affiliate occasionally goes completely black.  When I switch to the SD channel (12 on FIOS) the SD signal is always there.  I go back and the HD channel is still black.  If I am not watching and DVR'ing something, I will have various periods of black on my recording.  It will go back on it's own after a period of time when I am not watching and will come right back if I am watching as long as I power off the HD DVR to reboot. This has happened despite 3 HD DVR upgrades (started with the moto 6416, continued with the 7216, and keeps happening on my current 7232).  Never had a problem on my SD boxes because it is an HD signal problem.  Use HDMI and tried switching to component and had the same problem.  2 different brand HD TV's (Samsung and Panasonic) with same result.  Had the tech over a 4 times (replaced ONT once, other times detected no signal problems or connection problems) in the last few years.  Don't know what else to check as Verizon seems out of ideas.  Really getting tired of coming home hoping to see a DVR'd NBC program and finding it be black when I push play. 

Still happening after last tech (Archie) came 2 months ago and replaced ONT (again) and the splitter coming in.  He said the splitter was a 4 branch and he put in a 3 branch. 

Help!

Ericvq

0 Likes