Home Media (MR) Feature No Longer Required for Remote DVR Support
Justin46
Legend

I just found out that, effective today (or maybe yesterday) you can now activate Remove DVR programming capability through the FiOS TV Central website without have the multi-room feature. I do not have the multi-room support on my DVR and just logged into TV Central, sure enough it offered me the option to set up remote support, which will take 24-48 hours to be actived. I of course accepted, have received the confirmation email, now waiting for the 24-48 hour time to expire so I can use it.

Thanks Verizon!

Keller, TX 76248

Re: Home Media (MR) Feature No Longer Required for Remote DVR Support
Justin46
Legend

And it already works for me! Did not take more than 1 hour or so. Tested by scheduling a recording, and my DVR shows it in the schedule.  Smiley Very Happy

Edit: Wow, got IMG 1.6.2 with much better SD picture on my LCD this week plus the remote DVR capability....what are you going to do for an encore next week, Verizon? If you would fix the Guide DATA I would just be so, so happy...

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 04-16-2009 11:01 AM
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Nice find!
0 Likes
sharonsns

Awesome! I just set myself up and I got the email it was ready in about 30-40 minutes!

Now I can order shows from my office when I forget to program them! Thank you!!

0 Likes
lite
I also signed up . This is great!!!  Does anyone know what the url is to get into it? I logged on into it through the email they sent me to try it andit works great. I can't get into my email at work though but I am sure I can access this feature. I'm having trouble finding it on the my account page. What am I missing?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lite wrote:
I also signed up . This is great!!!  Does anyone know what the url is to get into it? I logged on into it through the email they sent me to try it andit works great. I can't get into my email at work though but I am sure I can access this feature. I'm having trouble finding it on the my account page. What am I missing?

I log in through My Verizon: http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx

When I click on My Set Top Boxes and then click on the DVR icon I now see the status of the DVR plus I can click on the bullet below to see the current recordings, etc.

And now, I just found a new enhancement, at least for me: I can now go in and rename my boxes. Some people had had that capability before, I have never had it, but now I do. 

One more time, good job Verizon! (and I am sure some people will  say, "about time!")

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
VAFiosTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

an easier site to remember which brings you to the one Justin mentioned is http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral

enjoy!

0 Likes