How can I set the screen size on an SD box?
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

For some time already the SD box (hooked up o a small TV via composite video) sends over picture that is too wide for the TV. Pressing the size button on the remote does nothing. Is there any other way to right size the picture? It is not the TV because all looks well when I hook up a DVD player on the same input.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I set the screen size on an SD box?
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
no, you did not overlook any settings being as it only has one setting. Call support to have the box replaced, they will ship a replacement for free.

View solution in original post

logan81
Contributor - Level 3

You do not change the size as it is a standard aspect ratio. Is this your only SD box in the house? could you test with another one if you have one? since you did test with a DVD player and that works ok then it could just be a problem with the box itself. Has it always been this way? 

JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, it is the only SD box (Verizon does not give out extra SD boxes, it is either HD or nothing) and no, it was not always this way. Some time after downloading updates a few weeks ago I noticed it. It really becomes obvious only if there is a logo or text close to the edge because that gets cut off.

I could try the RF output instead and see if that makes a difference, but composite gives a better image quality.

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

I did try RF and it is the same problem. Just wondering if there was a setting that I overlooked.

0 Likes
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
no, you did not overlook any settings being as it only has one setting. Call support to have the box replaced, they will ship a replacement for free.