How do I access my smart tv apps using Fios TV One remote?
Blaze11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my upgraded Fios tv one boxes. I must say I’m very happy with them. Picture seems sharper for sure. Very happy. 

One question though, using the included Fios tv One remote, is there a way to access the Smart Tv’s apps? I have a Sony 900F. I know how to get the Verizon widgets, I’m talking about the TV’s internal apps like Amazon Prime..etc. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I access my smart tv apps using Fios TV One remote?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe you need to use the TV remote to access those apps, or get a Harmony remote and program it for both. The Fios remote can only control basic TV functions.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe you need to use the TV remote to access those apps, or get a Harmony remote and program it for both. The Fios remote can only control basic TV functions.

Blaze11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea I figured that after trying for awhile. Thanks for confirming. I’m using the Sony remote. 👍

NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is - no offense Verizon FiOS...but kinda offense actually - ridiculous that this is still true three years later. Also thank you for the free remote I had to twist the arm of the representative to give me and not charge me $25 for it when I told them mine wasn't functioning correctly! It literally makes the whole system work better and you need to make this standard as a free replacement for customers already paying ridiculous amounts of 🤑! Sorry to the OP for trolling here but thx for the platform! 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️

0 Likes