Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?

damien0919
Contributor
Contributor

How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?

Message 1 of 5
(1,304 Views)

I have a DVR recorder and I just bought a DVR expander and I installed it and everything is connected to to the DVR ESATA plug, but I can'tfigure out how to move recorded shows to my Portable DVR Expander now. Does anybody know how to do this or can it be done? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?

Message 2 of 5
(1,301 Views)

You can't  And it is not portable.  The drive should marry itself to one and only on DVR box.  It will be used for all new recordings until it fills up.  At theat point recordings would start going to the intermal drive.

damien0919
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?

Message 3 of 5
(1,270 Views)

This is retarded, I though you could move recorded programs that are on the internal drive and move them to the external drive. Then you should be able to select which drive you want to record the show to record to? What is the point of buying an external drive for if you can't do any of these features. That doesn't make any sense. at all.

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(1,265 Views)

@damien0919 wrote:

What is the point of buying an external drive for if you can't do any of these features. That doesn't make any sense. at all.

I believe the point is to get more than the puny 20 hours of HD that the 160G drives in the older DVRs have(QIP-7216).  No one ever promised or intimated that the drive would be portable nor that recordings would be manageable between the internal and external drive.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
ILikeFIOS
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(1,238 Views)

Re-record them to the external drive.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title