How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?
damien0919

I have a DVR recorder and I just bought a DVR expander and I installed it and everything is connected to to the DVR ESATA plug, but I can'tfigure out how to move recorded shows to my Portable DVR Expander now. Does anybody know how to do this or can it be done? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?
tns
Master - Level 2

You can't  And it is not portable.  The drive should marry itself to one and only on DVR box.  It will be used for all new recordings until it fills up.  At theat point recordings would start going to the intermal drive.

0 Likes
Re: How do I move recorded shows from my DVR to my DVR expander portable hard drive?
damien0919

This is retarded, I though you could move recorded programs that are on the internal drive and move them to the external drive. Then you should be able to select which drive you want to record the show to record to? What is the point of buying an external drive for if you can't do any of these features. That doesn't make any sense. at all.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@damien0919 wrote:

What is the point of buying an external drive for if you can't do any of these features. That doesn't make any sense. at all.

I believe the point is to get more than the puny 20 hours of HD that the 160G drives in the older DVRs have(QIP-7216).  No one ever promised or intimated that the drive would be portable nor that recordings would be manageable between the internal and external drive.

ILikeFIOS
Contributor - Level 1

Re-record them to the external drive.

0 Likes