How many days in the future does your DVR schedule show?
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3

My DVR used to show 13-14 days of programs scheduled but now only shows 6 days out. I tried running the DVR troubleshooting but I keep getting an error message.

Verizon Technical Support did not offer any help so I'm looking to my fellow Fios users for help. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How many days in the future does your DVR schedule show?
Justin46
Legend

@planofiosuser wrote:

My DVR used to show 13-14 days of programs scheduled but now only shows 6 days out. I tried running the DVR troubleshooting but I keep getting an error message.

Verizon Technical Support did not offer any help so I'm looking to my fellow Fios users for help. Thanks!

I just went into Menu ==> Settings ==> System Information and it shows only 7 days available. And yes, it used to always show 14 or so several years ago, don't know when it stopped showing that. But I then went into the Guide and started skipping forward a day at a time using the FF key and I can go all the way out to Thursday Aug. 16 right now (on Aug. 3). So I can still see 14 days in the Guide, it just doesn't show up that way in System Information. Actually I can go all the way out to 2:30 am on Friday, Aug.17 right now. Oh, and when I went back into System Information it now shows 8 days(huh?).

Are you saying you can't actually view the schedule in the Guide any further out than 6 days, or are you just wondering about the System Information value?

To me it is a non-issue as long as the Guide displays out 13 - 14 days.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@planofiosuser wrote:

I just went into Menu ==> Settings ==> System Information and it shows only 7 days available. And yes, it used to always show 14 or so several years ago, don't know when it stopped showing that. But I then went into the Guide and started skipping forward a day at a time using the FF key and I can go all the way out to Thursday Aug. 16 right now (on Aug. 3). So I can still see 14 days in the Guide, it just doesn't show up that way in System Information. Actually I can go all the way out to 2:30 am on Friday, Aug.17 right now. Oh, and when I went back into System Information it now shows 8 days(huh?).

Are you saying you can't actually view the schedule in the Guide any further out than 6 days, or are you just wondering about the System Information value?

To me it is a non-issue as long as the Guide displays out 13 - 14 days.

Keller, TX 76248

Thanks for the info Justin. I am able to see the Guide for 13-14 days out, however when I go to DVR===>View Schedule it only shows 6 days of programs that will be recorded.

The reason to me it is an issue is that looking at the Guide 7-14 days out doesn't allow me to always see the conflicts in programing that the schedule does.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with our DVR.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@planofiosuser wrote:

Thanks for the info Justin. I am able to see the Guide for 13-14 days out, however when I go to DVR===>View Schedule it only shows 6 days of programs that will be recorded.

The reason to me it is an issue is that looking at the Guide 7-14 days out doesn't allow me to always see the conflicts in programing that the schedule does.

I just went out to Aug. 16 in the Guide and sceduled a program to record. Then I went to DVR ==> View Schedule and it shows the program for Aug. 16.

Next, I went back out to Aug. 16 and scheduled a second program at the same time, and that also shows up in the schedule just fine.

And finally I tried to schedule a third program at the same time on Aug. 16 and it said there was a conflict, asked which did I want to keep.

So I am not sure I understand your issue, it appears to me that my DVR is working as I would expect it to, programs scheduled out as far as the Guide will go do show up in the Scheduled list.

By the way, I have a QIP7232, what model DVR do you have? If it is a QIP6416 I strongly suggest you take it to a Verizon store and replace it with at least some 72xx model, the 6416 doesn't work wirth a (*&^% with the current IMG level. And you said you get an error when you run the troubleshooting tool, what is the error?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@planofiosuser wrote:

I just went out to Aug. 16 in the Guide and sceduled a program to record. Then I went to DVR ==> View Schedule and it shows the program for Aug. 16.

Next, I went back out to Aug. 16 and scheduled a second program at the same time, and that also shows up in the schedule just fine.

And finally I tried to schedule a third program at the same time on Aug. 16 and it said there was a conflict, asked which did I want to keep.

So I am not sure I understand your issue, it appears to me that my DVR is working as I would expect it to, programs scheduled out as far as the Guide will go do show up in the Scheduled list.

By the way, I have a QIP7232, what model DVR do you have? If it is a QIP6416 I strongly suggest you take it to a Verizon store and replace it with at least some 72xx model, the 6416 doesn't work wirth a (*&^% with the current IMG level. And you said you get an error when you run the troubleshooting tool, what is the error?

Keller, TX 76248

I have a QIP7232 DVR.

Following your moves, I went to the guide for 8/12 and tried to schedule a recording when a conflict message appeared. I then went back to the DVR Schedule and now there are more days (thru 8/12) and more programs listed than previously.

I guess that is a work around fix to "update" the schedule? I'll try that in the future but it sure would be nice to not have to use a work around for a feature that is clearly part of the service.

0 Likes