How many shows can I DVR at the same time?
susanb901
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just signed up for FiOS triple play with preferred HD, premium stations, 75/75 internet and phone. I was watching a show the other night and DVR'd 2 shows - got a message saying I couldn't do that. How many shows can I DVR at the same time? Can I still watch a live show while DVR's recording?

This is SO frustrating!

0 Likes
Re: How many shows can I DVR at the same time?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the reqular DVR's you can record two show because it has two tuners.  Watching a live show also requires a tuner, but as you discovered means you cannot have two shows also recording.  You can watch a previously recorded show.

The Quantum TV service comes with a DVR (I.e. the VMS1100)  that has 6 tuners, and you can have a second DVR in the Quantum Premium service which gives a total of 12 tuners.  A negative is the IPC1100 for other rooms has no tuners and uses one of the tuners on the VMS to watch shows.

starrin
Contributor - Level 3

THe other option, if you have another TV which is currently on a non-DVR box, is to shift it to a dvr.  Will cost you more, but with their whole-house setup, you can watch the recorded shows on any DVR - set up recordings on any dvr from any dvr.  I have three.

Quantum will also, most likely, cost you more. 

Welcome to FiOS

0 Likes
frustrateduser9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you saying that if I have DVR in another room, that I can record/watch more than two shows at the same time?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Every regular DVR has 2 tuners It can recordp to 2 shows at a time.

If both tuners are in use,, then you can't watch anything else.

Want to record more, get more DVRs or upgrade to Quantum.

Lowere level has 6 tuners. THey support remote TVs and recording.

THere agin, you can get combination of channels being watched and recorded up to 6.

Need even more, upgrade to higher level and have 12 tuners to share.

0 Likes