How to block youtube widget on cable box
OnionSoup
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I block the youtube widget on the cable box. There doesn't seem to be any way to block it and it is providing access to inappropriate content to my young children. The parental controls do not have anyu options to stop access.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: You tube
KMNY1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Check for the widget setting that allows you to block widget/apps.

Hit the menu button on the remote:

settings>system>parental/purchase>advanced settings>block widget/apps>YouTube 

View solution in original post

Re: HNow to block youtube widget on cable box
GJR6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon doesn’t seem interested in letting us   block this inappropriate garbage. There are questions about this going back a few years and no responsiveness on the part of Verizon. Very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Fios Internet | Parental Control Does Not Work
ParentQueries
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

I want to block youtube. I followed these steps

https://myfiosgateway.com/#/login

Parent Control and Created rule

Blocked Website and Embedded Keyword:

keyword:youtube

3. Set timings.

4. Apply.

But it does not take effect. Nothing is getting blocked.

I am using Fios Quantum Gateway Router. I am making these changes through wifi. I am not physically connected with router. 

Re: Fios Internet | Parental Control Does Not Work
jonjones1
Legend

I believe you can do it from the MyFios app. However when you set up the service it may also engage the home security features. Many here say it's not a good program but it may have been repaired.

i don't recommend any McAfee or Symantec Norton product since they are very intrusive and cause more issues than they fix. But the decision is yours.

ParentQueries
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

I am able to block reuters.com following the process mentioned in earlier email. But i am not able to youtube.com.

How to block youtube.com.

Regards

0 Likes
How to block youtube.com
ParentQueries
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the below setting to block youtube.com but no luck. But i am able to block reuters.com. So why youtube.com does get block. Please help me or any better suggestions.

0 Likes
rmur23
Enthusiast - Level 1

The devices and parental controls feature is absolute garbage. I've never encountered a worse interface/app on any technology I've ever used.  It never works on the app OR on CPU. I've factory reset router, reinstalled app, followed all verizons first level chat bot troubleshooting, etc. etc. It just doesnt work. Ive brought this to their attention multiple times and their solution was to leave feedback on the app.  Doesn't work on the website either.  "Sorry we are unable to process your request at this time." On the app it just won't load up device info to change.  Absolutely useless.

0 Likes
Re: HNow to block youtube widget on cable box
eduardol3

I agree, I don't let them watch it on their phones, but they have discovered it on Fios. I wish I can restrict but you can't, even if you sign in nothing you can do. This will be a deal breaker once my contract comes up next year 2020. 

0 Likes
You tube
Brandyd

How do I block You tube from my TV/Widget?

I would like to set parental controls, like I can do for everything else. 

0 Likes
Re: You tube
Hokies27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was finally able to block YouTube for the first time today.  I have the new Fios One set top box and activated Home Network Protection using the Fios iPhone app.  In the Parental Controls you can set up Profiles for each person and then assign devices to the profiles.  To conduct a proper test I just created a profile for each device.  I created a profile for the set top box and added YouTube to the Exceptions list.  I just tested and it worked, the YouTube widget would not load.  In the old style Parental Controls for Verizon of logging in to the router, the set top box would not show up as a device that you could set controls on.  On the new Home Network Protection, at least for the new Fios one box it does.  Verizon YouTube inappropriate content loophole closed.