How to change channel filter defaults?
zreese

Apologies if this comes up often, I searched but couldn't find an explicit answer.

I just got Fios TV yesterday. My box is a CHS 435HDC. Every time I use the guide, it displays ALL available Fios channels, including ones I'm not subscribed to as well as channels that just appear to be ads for video on demand content. I can use the options button to filter to subscribed channels, but I have to do this every single time I use the guide. How can I override the default behavior of displaying all channels and just show the ones I'm subscribed to when I bring up the guide? I'm already using both favorites lists to isolate the channels that other family members use, so doing a custom favorites list isn't an option. And that's not really what I'm after anyway... I'd like pressing the "guide" button to bring up a guide with the channels I subscribe to, not by pressing the "favorites button.

0 Likes
Re: How to change channel filter defaults?
Bewitness
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched to Fios service two weeks ago and that was one of the things that really annoyed me as well. I just wanted the guide to show the TV stations that I was subscribed to so I wouldn't have to needlessly search through channels I didn't have access to anyway. This is what you would want to do:

• Select Menu
  • Go to Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Television
  • Scroll down to "Last Viewed Guide State"
  • Select Enable

After doing this your guide should stop defaulting to showing you all channels. This not only works with subscribed channels  but it will work with the other options as well, i.e..: Favorites and HD Channels.  Smiley Happy

FREDGIR

I tried this method for changing the default option but it does not work with my upgrade to FIOS Quantum TV.  Can anyone else help me?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Works fine for me on Quantum.

Set that option, go to guide and select the gudie view you wish.

Should stick the next time you go in to guide.

Altaira_Jade
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!

0 Likes
rickaustin

Was hoping this was a solution but unfortunately this item does not exist on my menu. This is frustrating as I only want to see HD channels that I subscribe to and don’t want to waste time trying to do something so basic and time consuming with Favorites. What am I missing?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rickaustin wrote:

Was hoping this was a solution but unfortunately this item does not exist on my menu. This is frustrating as I only want to see HD channels that I subscribe to and don’t want to waste time trying to do something so basic and time consuming with Favorites. What am I missing?

Did you try menu>settings>system>Television> auto tune HD channels?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes