how to connect original playstation to tv
limitup
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son found my old playstation and would like to connect it to our tv but we can't figure out how to do it.  I have some instructions which call for green,blue and yellow jacks but the ones we have are yellow, white and red.  Any chance this can be connected, I really can't afford a new playstation right now.  Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Re: how to connect original playstation to TV
tns
Master - Level 2

@limitup wrote:

My son found my old playstation and would like to connect it to our TV but we can't figure out how to do it.  I have some instructions which call for green,blue and yellow jacks but the ones we have are yellow, white and red.  Any chance this can be connected, I really can't afford a new playstation right now.  Thanks a lot.

The Playstation cables that are yellow, white and red are for Composite video and stereo audio.  The white and red are for audios and only the yellow is for video (composite).  This is for a SD quality connection.  You can purchase a 5 output wire component cable for the playstation which has a red green and blue for the video component and a red and white for audio.  Both of these cables are pretty much unique cables for the playstation.  If your TV accepts HDMI you will do better with a HDMI cable instead.  I recommend a HDMI cable rated Hi-speed or category 2.  HDMI cables are not unique for playstation..

0 Likes
Re: how to connect original playstation to TV
tns
Master - Level 2

Note if you meant the original playstation not 2 or 3,  I don't know that anything but composite was supported. 

For playstation 2 component and composite are supported.

For Playstation 3 hdmi, component, and composite are supported.

0 Likes