How to remove the new onscreen FIOS message after the 1.6.2 update?
dross333

HI,  I just received the 1.6.2 update yesterday.  But now, when I power off the DVR box, I get this FIOS message on my screen mentioning to hit menu if I want to continue watching FIOS, or to turn of my TV.  Something along those lines as I am not in from on the TV right now.  How do I disable this?  I can already see this becoming a burn-in issue if that message ever gets stuck in one place.

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Re: How to remove the new onscreen FIOS message after the 1.6.2 update?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Why are you leaving your TV on? You won't see it unless the TV is on.
dross333

I usually try and remember to turn the TV off, but it is never really off.  Either in standby or not.

Either way, there really should be a way to turn off this message as I see no real benefit in it.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I agree there should be a way to turn it off, but it was put there because a lot of people were using the Verizon remote to turn off the TV & STB at the same time. Sometimes the TV doesn't turn off though and they become out of sync on the remote, this was a way for people to see the TV is still on.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
anytime you get a message it will ask you to press the ok button or fios tv button to continue.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Techman, This isn't a message from the message center, this is new with 1.6.2, when you turn off the STB but leave the TV on, you get something like a screen saver message, I guess you haven't seen it yet
0 Likes
mrags2000
Enthusiast - Level 3
Dont see any benefit to the message????  you obviously never worked tech support for a cable provider. that message alone saves countless calls of unknowledgeable people calling tech support asking why they have no picture even though their tv is on. if you dont like the message then turn off the tv, youre not watching it anyways!!! you should be thanking verizon for helping save electricity.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

ahhhh gotcha that's what it is......the built in screen saver for your TV. Its actually a good thing it helps us with T/S as well some customers will turn on the TV but not the box.

My apologies for my misunderstanding I thought it was from the message center

0 Likes