How to search movie playing today using Verizon TV Listing webpage (to watch on TV, not pc)?
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

The old version of TV Listings on Verizon webpage had a nice search feature where you could search for a movie, show, actor.  The new version doesn't show this feature--only for On Demand or Flexview searches. And On Demand search won't show results for what I'm looking for, and I know it is playing today. So how to search online at TV Listing for a movie title that is playing today  so I can watch on the actual television, not PC. I just can't recall what time I originally saw?? (I'm writing here that it is "playing today". I don't mean necessarily today as actual day, but on a particular day that I'm doing a search for a movie playing that day.)

0 Likes
Re: How to search movie playing today using Verizon TV Listing webpage (to watch on TV, not pc)?
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@FraminghamMA wrote:

The old version of TV Listings on Verizon webpage had a nice search feature where you could search for a movie, show, actor.  The new version doesn't show this feature--only for On Demand or Flexview searches. And On Demand search won't show results for what I'm looking for, and I know it is playing today. So how to search online at TV Listing for a movie title that is playing today  so I can watch on the actual television, not PC. I just can't recall what time I originally saw?? (I'm writing here that it is "playing today". I don't mean necessarily today as actual day, but on a particular day that I'm doing a search for a movie playing that day.)

Hello,

The search feature for live TV content by show or movie title or by actor/actress is available on FiOS TV via the remote:

Click on Guide -- "B" for Search.

Type in the keyword for your search.

Once you start seeing your chosen TV show/movie/actor on the right pane, scroll to the right and select that folder.

Scroll to the right until you get to the TV schedule that lists the dates and times.

Once you pick a scheduled show for a particular date/time, click 'OK' and you can choose either 'Set Reminder', or 'Record' (if you have a DVR STB).

I haven't used the search feature on TV listings via the Verizon website, so I cannot comment on it.  

Both the search feature from the Guide for live TV shows,

and the search feature from On Demand for on demand movies/shows have always worked for me via the FiOS TV.

Was the one from the website accessed through a particular weblink in the past, such as entertainment.verizon.com ?

0 Likes
Re: HowTo search movie on Verizon TV Listing webpage NOT on Remote to TV (to watch on TV, not pc)?
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Becca and others,

I appreciate the response and thank you. But I am asking for assistance using the TV Listings available at Verizon's WEBSITE , NOT on the Remote/TV.  For situations when I am not home but have access to computer to search (e.g.- at work. Or in a bedroom at home with tv that has the old, small setbox that doesn't offer any remote features like "Fios TV" or Info or Menu, but can only change channels.  I'm probably the only one that still has this box, but I get it free from Verizon as part of original promotion, so I'm keeping it..   🙂

I can't recall where I clicked on website for TV Listing in the past. I had it bookmarked from the residential Verizon ... maybe under Entertainment...

So to clarify--  does anyone know how to do this Search online at website--  NOT via Remote to TV?

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Re: HowTo search movie on Verizon TV Listing webpage NOT on Remote to TV (to watch on TV, not pc)?
Marksmen11

Great question!  I find it very frustrating that Verizon doesn't have a method of searching TV listings on their website anymore.  They should fire the person who removed it.  It was much easier to search for shows online and schedule them to record on my DVR.  Trying to search for shows using the remote is too time consuming!  I'm considering switching services for this very reason.  If anyone has an answer I'd appreciate it if you'd update this post.  Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: How to search movie playing today using Verizon TV Listing webpage (to watch on TV, not pc)?
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello to the Community,  Still waiting for advice how to search for a movie using Verizon website's TV Listings.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Derrick-T

Fortunately you can still search listings using the FIOS Android App.  I don't have an iPhone so someone else can check that.  I don't know why big companies do stupid things like this.  This is about as crazy as when Post changed Honeycomb.  Ugh.

0 Likes
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's Nov. 24, 2014 and I'm still waiting for a fix on this problem.  Will us paying Verizon customers be able to do a basic Search for a movie title on the Verizon website for information as to when the movie will be showing on TV, and not necessarily on the day/date the search is actually done on the website?  In other words, can you tell me what days and times a movie will be shown through a Search feature on verizon website?  Very disappointed if this feature is not available yet.

0 Likes