How to watch a live broadcast show while recording two other shows
BSMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have a TV with a QAM tuner built in and you use a splitter to connect the cable to the cable/antenna input of your TV while leaving a connection to the DVR, you will be able to watch a broadcast show live while recording two other shows on your DVR.  I tried this and it worked, but the channels I had access to (that seemed to be ones I was interested in) were basically the broadcast channels (in my area 3.1, 6.1, 10.1, 12.1, etc.).  Obviously you don't have access to the other features such as on demand, but it's handy to be able to handle three shows at the same time as long as one is on one of the channels available with the direct connection to your TV.

Of course, this also provides a way to avoid the cost of additional set top boxes as long as you don't need access to the additional channels features like on demand.

Bob S.

Re: How to watch a live broadcast show while recording two other shows
Hubrisnxs
Legend

OR if you're tv's older and doesn't have the qam tuner, you can hook up a HD antenna for 30 dollars, and if you live in an area that gets reasonable reception, you'll get something similiar to what you describe.

both are good solutions.

0 Likes