How to Watch Program on One DVR on Another DVR/STB Unit?
benneyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to watch a program recorded on one DVR in the home on another DVR unit?  Not a STB only unit, but on a 2nd or 3rd DVR unit?

I was on the phone with Verizon considering renewing my contract, and adding Multi Room DVR, and the agent said she was "2000% sure that was NOT possible" with Multi Room DVR, yet in several posts here it seems people ARE doing this.

I have 3 seperate DVRs in the house, due to various tastes and rather larger number of recorded programs across all units.

Would a Tivo unit help with this?

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: How to Watch Program on One DVR on Another DVR/STB Unit?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

With the latest version set top box software, you are able to. It's not available everywhere yet, but the version is 1.9. This will allow you to watch recordings from one DVR on another DVR with the multiroom service.

0 Likes
benneyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Anthony.  I can confirm, I had Multi Room DVR capability enabled the other day, and running on V1.9 all recordings on all DVRs and external HDs are viewable from all other boxes.  There were conflicting messages along the way and multiple phone calls were needed, but I'm very happy with the end result.

0 Likes
DXM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm new to FiOS TV and have the new Cisco DVR's and STB's. All are running the 1.9 code. I have the multi-room service and can see recordings from the multi-room DVR from the STB's but not the 2nd DVR. The programs on the 2nd DVR can only be viewed on the 2nd DVR. What do I need to do to be able to view all recorded programming from both DVR's on any STB or DVR?

Thanks

0 Likes
benneyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DXM wrote:

I'm new to FiOS TV and have the new Cisco DVR's and STB's. All are running the 1.9 code. I have the multi-room service and can see recordings from the multi-room DVR from the STB's but not the 2nd DVR. The programs on the 2nd DVR can only be viewed on the 2nd DVR. What do I need to do to be able to view all recorded programming from both DVR's on any STB or DVR?

Thanks

I believe The Multi Hub aspect of Multi Room DVR needs to be enabled as well.  I actually had my access enabled by a tech support agent while I was on the phone with them (after multiple calls on the subject), and it worked across all DVRs immediately.  The tech who did this was actually not familiar with the term "multi hub", so I'm not sure what settings etc. were done behind the scenes.

You did name all your DVRs as per the instructions, correct?

0 Likes
DXM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@BenneyB, thanks for the rsponse. Yes, I did name all my DVR's, actually the tech who installed them named them for me with me watching him. I did not know about Multi Hub either feature, but this will help me when I call back support. It's funny how this code (1.9) as been out since April and it seems none of the support people know anyting about the new features.

0 Likes
DXM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke to Verizon FiOS support to get the Multi-Hub feature turned on. Well even though I have 1.9 code running on my Cisco boxes it has not been enabled in the main office in MA and NY (I live in MA) at this time. They told me it should be turned on in the next couple of weeks with a new code version 1.9a. I'm told this new code will also include a new guide and some bug fixes. We will see, if I keep it that long.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@DXM wrote:

I just spoke to Verizon FiOS support to get the Multi-Hub feature turned on. Well even though I have 1.9 code running on my Cisco boxes it has not been enabled in the main office in MA and NY (I live in MA) at this time. They told me it should be turned on in the next couple of weeks with a new code version 1.9a. I'm told this new code will also include a new guide and some bug fixes. We will see, if I keep it that long.

I like my Cisco boxes, I am in VHO-4 in MD. I am considering another DVR for multi-hub, but I am waiting on a few answers. I believe they must have the VHO setup for the Cisco and Motorola for 1.9, and many of the features to be enabled for both platforms, but I am not sure. I would just hang in there a few more weeks. IMHO. But your milage may Very.

0 Likes