IMG 1.6 update in Southern Cal yet?
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does anyone know when the 1.6 IMG will roll out in southern Cal?  I was told that is was going to happen 2 months ago in my area.  I called Cust Service several times within the last 2 months and got a different response each time. I signed up for media Mgr over 2 months ago but I am unable to stream recorded content to HD STB.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IMG 1.6 update in Southern Cal yet?
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Techman:

The 1.6 update is now in So Cal.  Came in early this morning just like you said.  I haven't had the opportunity to really explore the new features but is seems OK on the surface.  Thanks again

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Due to bugs in the initial release it has been delayed.  Any new dates are pure conjecture at this point.  VHO8 (Philly) was originally supposed to get it at the end of July and it still isn't here but rumored to be pushed this week.  Based on some of the complaints about the degradation of the SD quality, I can (and would) rather wait. 

Just saw This Post from Techman28 that says 23-OCT for CA (take it for whatever you feel it's worth Smiley Happy ).

Message Edited by Keyboards on 10-15-2008 03:59 PM
Message Edited by Keyboards on 10-15-2008 04:04 PM
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Ok thanks for the update.  If there are bugs, i would rather wait.  I would have been OK with this response but no one in customer service or tech support seemed to know anything about it.  One the update comes through, i put something on the posts on the performance and relay any issues in this forum.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

GPGG

Here ya go I'll share the info

New Jersey and Philadelphia, PA still scheduled for 10/16.

Texas and California now rescheduled for 10/23 

Florida, Indiana, and  Pittsburgh, PA now scheduled for 11/11

GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks Techman.  Smiley Happy This is the closest I have gotten to a real and reasonable update..
0 Likes
royceguy

Well I'm in Ventura County just north of LA and we just got the 1.6 upgrade on 10/15.   It does seem to have less than all the functionality promised, but its still a big improvement.  The last few dates I was told actually showed up in the guide on channels that were changing numbers. "This channel will move to chan 453 on 10/9...oops I meant 10/15."

Message Edited by royceguy on 10-18-2008 08:46 AM
0 Likes
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Techman:

The 1.6 update is now in So Cal.  Came in early this morning just like you said.  I haven't had the opportunity to really explore the new features but is seems OK on the surface.  Thanks again

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
not a problem. However I myself have had the new IMG and I personally am a bit discouraged at the picture quality for standard def channels
0 Likes
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Got a chance to play with the new features.  Nice but I have to agree with you, not pleased with the picture quality on the non-hd.  Hopefully something is done son to resolve this.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
The Softening of the SD channels was way to much and will be fixed in the 1.7 patch coming out soon I just don't have an ETA on that as of yet.
0 Likes