Re: IMG 1.7 Experience
MadInFla

Verizon tried downloading 1.7.1 version of the IMG in FL & PA. Didn't work for HD/HD-DVR boxes. They had to roll back the revision. I had no TV service for over 6 hours. Looks like they didn't test the new revision thoroughly, before they sprung it on the unsuspecting customers.

0 Likes
mike_b1
Enthusiast - Level 1

SInce the 1.7 upgrade I get a du1 error whenever I turn on the dvr/stb.  The HDMI appears to now be an issue.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

That's not an error code, it's supposed to do that.

0 Likes
scorp081
Enthusiast - Level 1

@maxp:

I've been getting a ton of wrong programs recorded by my Tivo the past couple months. I wrote it off as Tivo having bad guide data, but now I want to try your test and see if I can change channels on the hour manually. Ughh.... this 1.7 has been atrocious overall!

0 Likes
1.7 still doesn't play nice with Sony Bravia Sync
StuffOfInterest
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Motorola 7216 DVR hooked up to a Sony STR-DG1200 receiver which then goes on to a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray and KDL-46XBR9 TV.  Before the DVR came into the equation Sony Bravia Sync was allowing control over HDMI between the three Sony components.  When I first hooked the DVR up under IMG 1.6.2 there was absolute chaos with Bravia Sync.  Most of the control commands did not pass through or the behavior was unpredictable.  Even with Bravia Sync turned off I was having HDMI handshake issues between the DVR and receiver which would cause frequent video blackouts.  This finally let me to switch the DVR over to components, as was recommended by several people including Verizon representatives.

Fast forward to IMG 1.7.  After the DVR updated I decided to give it another go via HDMI.  At first things looked much better.  Most of the HDMI control commands would pass through and the HDMI handshake issues from the DVR to the receiver were gone.  Unfortunately, other issues became visible.  Some of the HDMI control signals are still getting lost, in particular volume control from the receiver using the TV's remote.  Additionally, it now appears that HDCP (copy protection) handshaking is now broken, between the Blu-ray player and the tuner!  With the DVR hooked up, the Blu-ray player will only send 2-channel audio to the receiver.  Once the DVR's HDMI cable is unplugged the Blu-ray player sends full 5.1 sounds again.

All of this has led me to switch back to component video with a digital audio feed.  Hopefully a future update will fix this once and for all as it bugs me to know end that I'm taking digital cable and converting it to analog video just to turn around and convert it back to digital for the run from the receiver up to the TV.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend
from 2/10/2010:

@MadInFla wrote:

Verizon tried downloading 1.7.1 version of the IMG in FL & PA. Didn't work for HD/HD-DVR boxes. They had to roll back the revision. I had no TV service for over 6 hours. Looks like they didn't test the new revision thoroughly, before they sprung it on the unsuspecting customers.

2/18/2010: Verizon apparently updated the IMG code to 1.7.1, Build 9.97 in PA and FL this morning. Hopefully this is an updated and better version of 1.7.1 than was downloaded on 2/10 to PA and FL. Anybody in these areas have any info about good/bad/new functions, etc?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
stilholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got 1.7.1 around 5:00 p.m. today (2/18).  Can't say much about any other features, but the guide went back to 4:3 mode rather than filling up the screen on a 16:9 HDTV.

0 Likes
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

@stilholm wrote:

Got 1.7.1 around 5:00 p.m. today (2/18).  Can't say much about any other features, but the guide went back to 4:3 mode rather than filling up the screen on a 16:9 HDTV.

That's classic !!!

So many people were making claims in this forum that the move to stretch the guide in IMG 1.7 was in preparation for true 16:9 guide.  What a crock!

0 Likes
ctmancix

I have the 7216 HD-DVR that has recently been updated to Release 1.7 Build 09.83.  Prior to the update, my complaints were few…a few playback bugs like playback hanging, volume changing to very load near the end of a recorded program, brief audio dropouts.  Most of these were remedied by turning the unit off and back on.  

However, since receiving the 1.7 update, I'm ready to chuck the thing out the window.  My issues:

1. Changing channels now has a significant delay (2-3 time longer than before).
  2. The guide stretching issue that everyone has mentioned.
  3. Worst of all, on two occasions in as many days, a recording (which completed recorded normally), was unable to play no matter what.  

Anyone else have these issues?

0 Likes
CraigM

We have had 1.7 for over a month in Portland, Oregon.  It HAS corrected my previous "handshake" problems, and I don't see any of the other problems mentioned here.  The guide is widescreen, but not in a stretched manner:  looks good.

TV is a Samsung LED, STB is the 7216 connected via HDMI cables thru a Denon amp.

Craig

0 Likes