Re: IMG 1.9 release notes and discussion thread
Sabres1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Overall, I really like this update.  It has been a nice step forward.  As with anything, there are a few things that I wish had been included or different so just wanted to make them known.

1)  Look of the guide.  Very readable.

2)  Being able to record and delete shows from any STB.  Great addition.

3)  Previously watched recording are now marked.  Very nice for our daughters Mickey Mouse shows since I don't actually watch them, it is tough to remember which ones we've shown.

4)  The new sorting options with the guide including remembering which guide you used last.  Now I can always pull up my Favorites list first and you can sort just by what you are subscribed to.  I was able to realize I was subscribed to the Big Ten network because of this.

Dislikes/Misses

1)  I don't like in the new guide that you can't tell if a show has already started.  It seems like in most guides, if it is already in progress, there will be an arrow or some indication on the left of the listing.

2)  I wish you could adjust the start and end time of a recording from every STB.

3)  I was really hoping that my biggest wish would be included with the new search but alas.  I would really like to be able to record things to the DVR by keyword search, ie. you put in "Baseball Mets Live HD" and the DVR would record every Mets game in HD on any channel.  I know Directv and Dish have it so it can be done.

JCupl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally, we will be able to have a decent amount of storage. I just upgraded to a 7216 DVR, and ordered one of the WD terabyte drives called out in the release notes. So now I wait (not too patiently) here in VHO1. 

I had been told by CS that this DVR would give me up to 300 hours storage, I think she thought I would get a 7232. I did put my name on a waitlist for the 7232, but maybe I don't really need that.

To me, one of the most significant changes in IMG 1.9 is the 1080P capability. So, is any 1080P source going to be introduced?

rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a call from verizon telling me that the Cisco boxes will get the upgrade tonight. My fingers are crossed.

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@Lina wrote:

Verizon, I love your service but absolutely HATE this guide update. It may look nice in the screen shots online or on a widescreen HD TV but on my decently large older TV it is entirely awful. I can't read the program names as easily and find that the interface now doesn't suit my needs like the previous one. If there were a way to choose which guide to view that would be amazing. That way those who enjoy the new guide could keep it but those like me who find it to be an very bad set up can have the old guide.

If you go into "Setting"  Television - guide view  --- you can choose between "classic or Standard"  - you can try using Classic and see if that helps you - just a thought

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Does Joe's response here mean that in 1.9 when you Flip Favorits it will not let you bybass channels you don't have?

The meet the expert is to short, but I realize it could be never ending. So for you 1.9 people please explain.

The first thing I want to do is lock down a favorites list to be my default subscribed to list. Can I do this? If not that will be a bumer.

Right now I have had to build my own subscribed to list. Not clear on what Joe means her. For thos that have had or did test 1.9, did you get the recent HBO free preview in your favorites subscribed list?

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Meet-The-Expert/Favorites-for-Subscribed-Channels-Only/m-p/304119#M252

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Prisaz -

What you will need to do is to select the option (under settings for the guide) called LAST USED.  You would then go to the guide itself, press MODES and select the favorites list you want to use.  This will now make that the default guide (at least until your box reboots - then you will have to repeat just the modes portion).  There is also a mode called SUBSCRIBED which will give you all the channels in your package plus the PPV channels.

Hope that answers your question.

iluvink
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I understand, the eSata port unlocks with IMG 1.9 on the 7232.  Will there be tech specs or suggestions for what drives can and can't be used?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@iluvink wrote:

From what I understand, the eSata port unlocks with IMG 1.9 on the 7232.  Will there be tech specs or suggestions for what drives can and can't be used?

So far the only drives that Verizon has listed are the WD MyBook DVR Expanders of 500GB and 1TB.  They say that in order to work fully any drive will require a 100 Mb throughput rate as well as no sleep mode.

Supp[osedly any drive will work, but if there are problems, VZ support will not help if your drive isn't on "the list".

bsantelli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called up to try to get my dvr's upgraded to the 7000 series (most 1.9 features need the 7000 series - and, I am also hoping, will be much faster on 7000 series as the lag on the 6400 series is very bad) and was told I needed to wait (I did sign up some time ago - was told I needed to wait another month or so despite the fact that since 1.9 I am having issues with playback of recorded programs that they can't figure out, so I was also hoping to upgrade to 7000 series to see if that would potentially fix that issue)

The one big thing I dislike about verizon over comcast, is with comcast I could go to the store 5 minutes away, and they were ALWAYS willing to upgrade my boxes to the latest boxes - no questions asked.  A much simplier and better approach to verizon's. I consider myself a big verizon customer (phone, internet, cellular, and tv - and I have 6 boxes at that) (total monthly bill approaching $400) - but don't really feel appreciated.  Comcast seemed always willing to do whatever they needed to keep my happy.

0 Likes
bsantelli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

How did you upgrade to the 7216?  I called and was told I need to wait probably a month or so.

0 Likes