IMG 2.0 "Loading" Problem.
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since getting the new IMG 2.0, I've developed a curious problem.

When I stop a recording and then hit the back (<) button on my remote to go to Live TV, I get a "Loading" box at the top of my screen that won't go away.

That renders my remote useless, because it will become unresponsive until I turn-off my STB, and then turn it back on.

I'd thought I might have been the only person who has this problem, until I checked dslreports.com and found one other person who is as perplexed as I am about this problem.

I've rebooted the system, and it still happens everytime I stop watching a recording.

I've never had this kind of problem before.

0 Likes
Re: IMG 2.0 "Loading" Problem.
Justin46
Legend

@freedoms wrote:

Since getting the new IMG 2.0, I've developed a curious problem.

When I stop a recording and then hit the back (<) button on my remote to go to Live TV, I get a "Loading" box at the top of my screen that won't go away.

That renders my remote useless, because it will become unresponsive until I turn-off my STB, and then turn it back on.

I'd thought I might have been the only person who has this problem, until I checked dslreports.com and found one other person who is as perplexed as I am about this problem.

I've rebooted the system, and it still happens everytime I stop watching a recording.

I've never had this kind of problem before.

What happens if you hit the Exit button instead? I have never tried what you are doing, I hit Stop, then I usually delete the recording, and then hit Exit. Works every time for me.

However, I just tried your process and yep, the "loading" box appears and apparently won't go away. And the box won't honor channel change commands, etc. But it did honor the power off command from the remote, and then the power on, and all seems well at that point.

Does seem like a bug; I suggest you create a login at DSLReports.com if you don't have one, go to the Verizon Direct forum, and report the problem, I think this is the best way to report problems to Verizon and get responses as Verizon employees staff that forum.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Justin for your quick reply, and your understanding of the problem.

Yes, I've posted a similar response on dslreports, but below the fellow who has the same problem.

I'll also make sure to post it on the Verizon Direct forum.

I've noticed that the back button doesn't function the same way it did with the older IMG.

If you go to your guide, and then press the back (<) button, the guide seems to want to take you to the On Demand version of the show. That's strange too.

Personally, I think it looks like a solution to a problem - that nobody really had.
If people want to go to On Demand, they can select in the menus.

Thanks again.

e.a.o.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@freedoms wrote:

Thanks, Justin for your quick reply, and your understanding of the problem.

Yes, I've posted a similar response on dslreports, but below the fellow who has the same problem.

I'll also make sure to post it on the Verizon Direct forum.

I've noticed that the back button doesn't function the same way it did with the older IMG.

If you go to your guide, and then press the back (<) button, the guide seems to want to take you to the On Demand version of the show. That's strange too.

Personally, I think it looks like a solution to a problem - that nobody really had.
If people want to go to On Demand, they can select in the menus.

Thanks again.

e.a.o.

You are correct about the Back (<) button in the Guide. That is specifically an ENHANCEMENT to the Guide to make it easier to find On Demand versions of programs. Apparently Verizon had complaints that VOD versions of programs took too many keystrokes to find or something. But anyway, it is working as designed....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks again.

I'm having problems finding the Verizon Direct forum.

Do you know the link to that forum.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@freedoms wrote:

Thanks again.

I'm having problems finding the Verizon Direct forum.

Do you know the link to that forum.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I've posted it there too!

0 Likes
IMG 2.0 "Loading" Problem (software issue)
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

After three chat sessions, and several forum posts, Verizon has confrimed that there is a problem with freezing in the new IMG 2.0. If you use your "Back" button to return to Live TV after watching a recording, you'll get a "LOADING..." message at the top of your screen, your system will freeze for several minutes!

The only way to "unfreeze" your system is to turn-off your STB, and to turn it back on.

0 Likes
Re: IMG 2.0 "Loading" Problem (software issue)
Justin46
Legend

@freedoms wrote:

After three chat sessions, and several forum posts, Verizon has confrimed that there is a problem with freezing in the new IMG 2.0. If you use your "Back" button to return to Live TV after watching a recording, you'll get a "LOADING..." message at the top of your screen, your system will freeze for several minutes!

The only way to "unfreeze" your system is to turn-off your STB, and to turn it back on.

That at least confirms what you saw and what I was able to reproduce. Did they give you any idea when a fix might be available? Using the Exit button instead does work ok for me, does it also work for you?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Re: IMG 2.0 "Loading" Problem (software issue)
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin, they told me they'd back to me within 24 hours.

I don't know how a fix could be made for this, since it's apparently system-wide.

Yes, I've used the "Exit" button and that DOES work.

However, I'd always used the "back" to return to previous screens. Sometimes, I don't want to completely exit to Live TV first.

Hopefully, they'll find a solution.

Thanks for your reply, by the way!

0 Likes