Re: Importing series from the cloud to a Media Server - VMS1100
lmaried62

Replying to dvrbeta.

Thank you so much for the "cold init" info.  that saved me months of reviewing the Guide to find series i would have lost. 

Ask for the "cold init" folks. The phone techs may not know about it or offer it but it works!

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Just installed and activated our new Quantum TV boxes.  I too missed the fact that there is no Import From Cloud menu choice.  Before I resigned myself to being doomed to re-creating our favorites list, etc, I searched and found this thread.

So I called Verizon tech support and without much delay I got through to a tech.  I described my problem and asked him to do a cold init.  He said he could do that, but it isn't necessary.

Instead of the cold init he had me go to the Menu and select Settings > System Information.  Once there I he had me key in 2618 and presto....a menu came up asking me if I wanted to import settings from another box.

I chose the name of my previous DVR STP and in about 15 seconds, the import was complete.  And it works!

I'm a happy camper and figured I'd add to this thread in the hope it may save someone else some grief in the future.

Akuma1093

Appreciate that. That worked perfectly.  I knew there was a Code but I lost it over the Years.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes