Importing series from the cloud to a Media Server - VMS1100
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I admit it - this mostly my fault...

I just installed a Media Server, VMS1100 to replace my QIP72322

Before the upgrade, I exported my Series data to the cloud.

Now, I think that as I was running the Media Server install, it asked if I wanted to import my series data.  I could not remember what name I had assigned to the previous DVR, so I bypassed it thinking I could Import the series settings later.

That would have worked, but, I cannot find how to Import series into the VMS.  I tried creating a series which was already in the exported data, but no messages asking if I wanted to import from the Cloud.

I loooked through all of the VMS menu's, still cannot find anything useful.

So, my obvious question - does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes
Re: Importing series from the cloud to a Media Server - VMS1100
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually you should not even have to export series to cloud.  And some say the 7232 to vms importing doesn't work.  Just using the online DVR control should be enough.  For me their was a point during the install where you told it the name of the box you wanted to copy setting from (box doesn't and in fact shouldn't still be still connected).  Which settings are copied appears to be hit or mix, but the Series was copied.  Trying to import it later does not work.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@BAnslow wrote:

OK, I admit it - this mostly my fault...

I just installed a Media Server, VMS1100 to replace my QIP72322

Before the upgrade, I exported my Series data to the cloud.

Now, I think that as I was running the Media Server install, it asked if I wanted to import my series data.  I could not remember what name I had assigned to the previous DVR, so I bypassed it thinking I could Import the series settings later.

That would have worked, but, I cannot find how to Import series into the VMS.  I tried creating a series which was already in the exported data, but no messages asking if I wanted to import from the Cloud.

I loooked through all of the VMS menu's, still cannot find anything useful.

So, my obvious question - does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Bryan.

From reading comments on othe forums it appears the "import" functionality is missing from the VMS menu.  It's hoped that a future update will add it.

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Guys,

looks like I am going to have to add the series back one at a time, and hope that I catch the new ones as they appear in the TV Listings.

Pity there is not a way to manually add entries, for those series that are not in the TV Listings at this time.

Cheers,

Bryan.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Importing worked for me, during the activation process, on all of my boxes. In fact, not only did it import my series, but also most of my settings, including my Favorites lists, which I was not looking forward to recreating. It did miss one or two of my settings but overall it worked well for me.

Once my boxes were activated, I can find an Export function but no Import function. Presumably that will come in a future code update.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
BillyTRichVa

I did not see any prompts about importing series data when I activated, but I wasn't looking for it at that point either.  I figured since I was able to export the data, I would be able to import once all had setteld down.  Unfortunate, but not the end of the world.  Overall, the installation was extremely smooth.

0 Likes
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

..as fate would have it, I had some problems with the Media Server, and the tech guy gave the box a big reset to load a newer version of the firmware.

Suddenly, it was at the import page, so I just selected the name of the previous box and it reloaded all of my settings, including series.

So, that worked out well...

Bryan. 

0 Likes
dvrbeta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just went through all this "fun" myself.  This forum discussion helped somewhat...

The key takeaway is to call FIOS tech support and ask them to do a "cold init" of the DVR.  That will get you back to the point where you can import your series settings.  I named the new DVR something different than the old one and then imported from the old name.  The old name was the box that I did the export from.

Ugh.  There's two hours of my life I'm not getting back.  Hopefully this saves YOU some time.

8^)

Art1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed  Quantum TV (1 VMS, 2 clients) the other night. When I tried labeling the VMS "Living Room" and import my series settings from the Cloud. It said that name was already in use. When I went to check the device status with the In-Home Agent it still sees my 7232, but it is completely disconected. It also sees of the older 2500 STB, That too is completely disconected. It sees a third client (its a Digital Converter). Is this right? Thank you for your replies... 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep,  you need to use another name.

0 Likes